• Register Today It's free!

Mgk

maagk

Reaction score
City, State
Greensburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie Bauer
HELP, ASAP!!!!!!!!!! I have a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 6 cylinder. I spent the morning on the boards researching why my remote just stopped working. (not the batteries) After reading MANY posts I decided to try to reset the RAP module by plugging and unplugging it. I do not remember which post I read this in. I plugged in the first one with no problem but when I plugged in the second one, the car alarm started to sound. I then attmepted to plug in in the reverse order and again the alarm sounds. I left one plugged in and then went and turned on the car. It started but ran real rough until I gassed it. went back and plugged in the second plug and again the alarm sounds. I turned off the car and popped the hood and disconnected the battery for about 5 mintues. plugged in both plugs on the RAP module and as soon as I attempted to reattach the battery, the alarm sounds again. I am not a mechanic, I am a single woman who is not afraid to attempt things but this has me confused and I need my car.

When the alarm was sounding did you try disarming the alarm with the remote??
Sometimes, maybe if i have left the door open when i re attach the battery the alarm sounds so i have to press the unlock button.
Worth a try?

Back