michelin ltx m/s2? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

michelin ltx m/s2?

thomas1984

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 f150
Making the deal on my new 2015 ex today! I am thinking of asking them to throw in a set of ltx m/s2 tires as I really can't swing it for a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels and figures the m/s2's would be a decent alternitave.. What are your thoughts on them? Real quick :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Making the deal on my new 2015 ex today! I am thinking of asking them to throw in a set of ltx m/s2 tires as I really can't swing it for a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels and figures the m/s2's would be a decent alternitave.. What are your thoughts on them? Real quick :)

I had them on the F-150 I just traded in. Loved them in the snow and ice, especially compared to the stock Goodyears the truck came with.

Great tire. I have had them on an Explorer, Land Rover, and currently have them on my 1 ton Dodge dually. They need replaced because they are getting bald. Really should have already replaced them but still going. Over 100K on them in this heavy truck and towing with them. Great traction in wet weather too.

Steve

They are the best all-around tires ever made for an SUV. I regularly get 100,000+ miles out of a set.

Both 1010tires.com and tirerack.com have them highly rated by the customers who bought them. I don't know which model Ex you are getting so I don't know what tire size we are talking about but I doubt the dealer would just 'throw in' a set of these for free, if that is what you meant. Throwing in splash guards or a cargo liner may be more in line with that. I had my dealer supply and install the splash guards for free but they didn't want anything to do with the OEM Hankooks that I wanted to replace.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

I have run them on previous explorers, and while they are OK and a bit better than a standard all season tire, they are nowhere near as good in ice and snow as a dedicated winter tire. I wouldn't run them all year, but they are OK in the summer.

There is a reason people say they last 80,000+ miles. They have a hard tread compound that doesn't do well in cold weather and ice and snow.

I had these on our last two Honda pilots. They were a. Dry good tire. My only criticism is that they do eventually get too hard and aged. As a result they were only barely adequate in In the snow once they were 4 years old. But I just replaced them a little earlier than the tread life indicated. (Same tire, I might add.)

Back