mid michigan winter run | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mid michigan winter run

Its nothing against anyone, I am just looking for more challenging things. I am NOT saying a stock or mildly modified truck isnt capable of some great wheeling. I have just been bumming cause there arent any good rocks up here. I miss Paragon and PA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many trails are out there.... i will put some money away for gas, and try and make it out there in 2-3 weeks.... With open diffs, and the ****ty gears i have, dont expect to much out of my beast right yet... ;)

well other then myself everbody else has open diffs, and there are atleast 2 people who are runnin stock, they might not go through the holes i do but they can get there without probs most of the time,
the general group that rides with us is
1 mostly stock EX
1 cherokee lifted 5" with warn out 32's and open diffs
1 TJ with 32" MTR's and only 2 inch lift with open diffs
1 Stock Ramcharger P.O.S. with 235's and open Diffs
1 EX with 6" and 33's with LS in rear axle
I have crappy gears in my EX, i run Low Range in 4x4 other wise i have no power, those will be my next upgrade
the biggest prob. we run into is sucking air into air box's, thats why i built my snorkel
it seems like every time we go out at some point i am towing the TJ out of or up somethin

PullinAndyfrommud1-21.jpg

see this is how it should be an EX pullin an TJ from the mud, and its not the first time

i have a carb with a 14 inch circle filter sittin on top... any problems with that???

i quess it depends how hard you hit the water

351 you'll do fine. the first time out i only had 2wd and made it. like john said it you take it slow though the holes you'll be fine. you could try and do what guys do at mud runs and put tape on the front half of the filter so it only draws air from the back. last time out was the first time that i had problems with my filter getting wet, and thats with a open cone right behind the head light. that jeep like to be pulled by explorers. ;)

hey john let me see some pics of your snorkel.... i need ideas!!!

Back