• Register Today It's free!

Millennium Warranty

crosswind81

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Anyone here familiar with or have experience with Millennium Warranty for their Ford? My dealership recommends this over the Ford plan...of course the brochure makes it sounds great but there is very little on the internet about them. Looking for advice...

Of course they do.. they cost less for the dealer and mark it up more so there is a larger profit margin. NEVER buy from a 3rd part.

Just a note on how 3rd parties work. A 3rd party requires preapproval for any repair. That means a dealership and/or mechanic must spend time to diagnose the problem. The 3rd party warranty WILL NOT cover the diagnostic charges.. only the actual repair. They will also approve it with the cheapest part possible.. meaning not necessarily OEM.

Example - my 02 Audi A4 that I used to have developed a crack in the radiator. The 3rd party company wanted to replace it with a radiator made in China because it was $14 cheaper then the German OEM one. I paid the difference and had an OEM one put in.

Regardless of manufacturer, I would only buy OEM.

Of course they do.. they cost less for the dealer and mark it up more so there is a larger profit margin. NEVER buy from a 3rd part.

Just a note on how 3rd parties work. A 3rd party requires preapproval for any repair. That means a dealership and/or mechanic must spend time to diagnose the problem. The 3rd party warranty WILL NOT cover the diagnostic charges.. only the actual repair. They will also approve it with the cheapest part possible.. meaning not necessarily OEM.

Example - my 02 Audi A4 that I used to have developed a crack in the radiator. The 3rd party company wanted to replace it with a radiator made in China because it was $14 cheaper then the German OEM one. I paid the difference and had an OEM one put in.

Regardless of manufacturer, I would only buy OEM.

100% correct couldnt have said any better .... I wouldnt buy it, for just those reasons...

Back