Missing Part - Aviator Wireless Phone Charging Clip? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Aviator Wireless Phone Charging Clip?

ParkM

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve 1
My Aviator was in the shop recently and the dealer loaned me a Corsair. As I was checking the Corsair out I noticed a part in the center console that I did not have on my Aviator. It appeared to be clip that allowed your phone to be held in place while it was wirelessly being charged inside the console. Today I got around to reading the Aviator Quick Reference Guide and on p. 24, I found the below pix clearly showing a phone and the clip I saw in the Corsair.

Do other Aviator owners have this clip?

Thanks, park
Charging.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No such thing in mine. I fact there appears to be a piece in the same felt material as the rest of the console, covering that area.

Peter

Peter-Here is a pix of what the inside of my console looks like. Sounds like yours but different from the manual pix and from what I saw on the Corsair. I'm guessing that there is a wireless charging gismo behind that felt.
/park
IMG_4697.JPG

This is a screenshot from a dealer in MD who is demonstrating how wireless charging works in a 2020 Aviator. Seems clear to me I am missing the clip gismo that would hold the phone up against the charger. Next stop, the dealer.
/park

2020-01-27_11-19-17.jpg

Please report back to let me know what the dealer has to say Park. It isn't a big deal for me since my phone doesn't support wireless charging, but if it should be there then it is another missing item. Thanks.

UPDATE: According to the Build & Price feature, the wireless charging pad is part of the Reserve's optional Convenience Package which I don't have. It includes the HU Display and Soft Closing Doors. It is standard on 202A and up. I have the 201A.

Peter

Please report back to let me know what the dealer has to say Park. It isn't a big deal for me since my phone doesn't support wireless charging, but if it should be there then it is another missing item. Thanks.

UPDATE: According to the Build & Price feature, the wireless charging pad is part of the Reserve's optional Convenience Package which I don't have. It includes the HU Display and Soft Closing Doors. It is standard on 202A and up. I have the 201A.

Peter
You are right! Damn. The error is mine. I do not have the Convenience Package either so the error is not Lincoln's, it's mine! No package, no charger. Oh well, and I thought we had a global conspiracy going for a minute. Sorry for the time waste!
/park

Back