Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moab - 1953.45 miles, 29 hours 7 minutes...hmmm...
If I happen to come into some money, buy a new trailer and new tow rig by then...I just might try it. I want to get to Moab someday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only 1330mi for me. Looks like it's gonna take me a bit longer than expected to get my vacation book. I finally want to go, even if it is with my jeep! :p:

Trip distance: 1135.50 miles Time: 17 hrs 6 mins
I am still there. I will be in the Grand Junction, CO area most likely the weeken starting with May 22nd, so either weekend, the 16yh and the 1th or the 30th and 31st wuld be perfect for me :D

2,126 miles each way!

I've always wanted to wheel Moab, if gas can hang out around $2/gal it might be in my future...

we (demon4x4) are planning for sometime in october.

interested. let's see if i can make it in someway shape or form this year.

Well any ideas of dates yet????

Tim

If later on in the year i may try to fly out. I would love to get out there.

suggestion...why not post a poll with several possible dates...set a date for the pol to be counted and whenever that date comes for the poll to be counted whichever date has the most votes is that date that the moab trip is on...

09 is almost here already! -and was the year I wanted to return. Time flies.
Anyone ever tow an Explorer with an F-150? Don't want to drive it all that way again and had hoped to have a trailer by now but seriously wondering if the f150 could pull it well enough. Think I need a bigger hammer, so to speak.
:rolleyes:
Maybe in `10 or 11.
My wife demands a roll cage too.. sigh, would have to leave her at home then.

Anyone ever tow an Explorer with an F-150? Don't want to drive it all that way again and had hoped to have a trailer by now but seriously wondering if the f150 could pull it well enough. Think I need a bigger hammer, so to speak.

Msupertek did it a couple years ago with his supercrew, older body style. He drove out from Texas, but I don't know what the drive was like for him as far as hills, mtn's and such but he made it.

Should pull it easy. If you snag a trailer with trailer brakes your set to go. We transport my Trans Am (79' 3850lbs and a 1,500lb trailer) to Vegas to race twice a week with our Econoline E-150. Also pull or 8,100 Boat to Salt Lake, Lake Powell, etc. (6,500 boat, 1,600Lb trailer) :) With brakes on both axles on both trailers it does really well. 351W :) Never had a problem Van running strong as ever with 118,000 miles.

hmm, I have an `05 extended cab, 5.4 litre. Maybe it would be alright, if I found the right trailer.
Grrr, tempting, sure had a good time in 04. Hmmm chances are very slim, but there are chances.

I have towed the explorer with our 95 suburban 1500 with over 200K home last year when it died going to moab. No problems even going up Rabbit ears pass from Steamboat. And it was a Uhaul trailer.
I may look into getting my own trailer so I can trailer things when I want to and not have to rent.

Tim

i am fixing to buy a 01 f-150 4x4 to tow my explorer and trailer in october. we will be going on one of the first 2 weekends in october.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For all y'all lookin at tow rigs.. Always keep your eyes open for those mid 90's dodges and ford diesels.. cummins 'n powerstrokes can still be had for great prices since diesel skyrocketed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back