• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Moab 2011 - May 21

Moab Date - May 14th or the 21st 2011??

• May 14 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
Possibly coming out. Nothing fancy on this Explorer, just a stock one with 31's. :)

I just want to get back out there again and see the scenery. Will nail it out here at work soon.

Where is everyone else staying at? What's cheep or good? LOL
Holy Crap! ! ! !

Talk about a "blast from the past..." Would be great to see you again Ryan - - thinking Colorado Colors Run '99 (speaking of "blasts from the past...") was the last time I've seen you. . . Cool.

No reservations yet, but I'm planning on Canyonlands (best location for walking around town).

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Aviator 93Sport 99 PSD
I don't think cheap is an option for motels anymore... I made reservations at the Roadway, $139/night. I guess I will tag along; I've still never been to Moab! :)

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Dang, with so many cool people heading out I'm seriously tempted... unfortunately my travel schedule for May already sucks... I'm already booked to be out of town every single week including one weekend... ugh... hope everyone has fun though, hope I can catch this trip again sometime, even if its just as passenger or enjoying some of the paved/easy dirt roads in my non-wheeling escape :).

J**p Gary

Reaction score
City, State
Bullhead City, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 J**P rubicon unlimited
Hey all, kinda late chiming in here, but I will be there as usual as the token J**p guy. Prittchet was cool last year, I hope we can do it again. Paul, you can do it, I believe in you! I'll probably come in few days earlier as usual and leave out on Sun/Mon, staying at canyonlands.

J**p Gary

Reaction score
City, State
Bullhead City, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
just got my reservations at canyonlands, coming in wed the 18th checking out sunday 22nd. They were all out for the back tent sites, seems like spaces starting to fill up, so get your reservations soon would be my suggestion. I'll be in the front tent sites row 8 site 113. Just over a month away, can't wait!

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
Attendees - - As of 4/5

1. MoabB2
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K
11. Ryan & Maranda - Tentative
12. Gary

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
Dang, with so many cool people heading out I'm seriously tempted... hope I can catch this trip again sometime, even if its just as passenger or enjoying some of the paved/easy dirt roads in my non-wheeling escape :).
Matt - If you come out this year, gotta a front seat for you. . . (will need a full-time spotter anyway for Prichett...):rolleyes:

Gary - Thanks for the head's up on Canyonlands. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Im keeping my eye on this thread. I wouldnt mind coming out since I missed last year but I wont be doing any of the hard trails. Still a few easy/moderate trails that I havent done and there is the White Rim trail I really want to do. It should be back open by then, one end of it was completly washed out last year.

I guess this will be one of those last minute decisions depending on what Im doing around then...

J**p Gary

Reaction score
City, State
Bullhead City, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
So since we are still only talking in generalities and not specific times for our unorganized 8-15 person Moab gathering, I doubt a few trail talk comments would gain the interest of big brother.

Besides being there to see Paul do Pritchett, anyone have a burning desire to complete any specific trails? I really would like to finish what I started in Metal Masher, and if I get Behind The Rocks and Flat iron Mesa under my belt I would have completed the Big 12 most difficult in Moab (not counting Helldorado and other BFE atrocities). Havn't done Moab Rim since the first time out (actually my first trail) and my only other witness Steve has been MIA and don't know when he's gonna make it back.

What about everyone else, since it looks like a few of us will be here earlier in the week, I'll be there ready to go by Thursday, what kind of trails is the few but fearless crew wanting to tackle?

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I am with you Gary, I have not done those three yet either

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
It's not my work load , but the cash flow for me. I will be there for the End of the World 2012 run though, come hell or high water, hurricane, volcano, earthquake, tsunami (not the same as high water in WA), etc...
DITTO!!!!!!

Damn I've always wanted to do pritchet too!

and possibly matt adams and ryan n maranda man thats some of my first wheelin buddies Ryan the Silver sage was still pretty resonable last time i was there

Last edited:

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
I doubt a few trail talk comments would gain the interest of big brother.

Besides being there to see Paul do Pritchett, anyone have a burning desire to complete any specific trails? I really would like to finish what I started in Metal Masher, and if I get Behind The Rocks and Flat iron Mesa under my belt I would have completed the Big 12 most difficult in Moab (not counting Helldorado and other BFE atrocities). Havn't done Moab Rim since the first time out (actually my first trail) and my only other witness Steve has been MIA and don't know when he's gonna make it back.

What about everyone else, since it looks like a few of us will be here earlier in the week, I'll be there ready to go by Thursday, what kind of trails is the few but fearless crew wanting to tackle?
That looks like a pretty challenging selection - - since I was the "Broken on..." Metal Masher guy that kept you from completing that trail, would have no issues going back to to that one again (finished it last year when the PNW contingent came early), and I'd have to assess Behind the Rocks after I see how much seat upholstery I suck up my keister on Prichett... Never done Flat Iron, that one is tempting...

Should be there Wednesday evening, ready to go Thursday. . . 5 Weeks ! ! !

Paul
'91 Sport

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
'sigh'

Back to my 'banned' corner.:notworthy

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Coming yet? ? ? ? You know you want to. . .

Paul
'91 Sport
(strolls out of the 'banned' corner)

I WANT TO

(strolls back to the 'banned' corner) :rant:

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII

J**p Gary

Reaction score
City, State
Bullhead City, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey who had the "Frequent Stops" Magnet last time? I think Kevin (DWD) had it for all the flat tires, but we need to have it on hand, just in case!

I'm going to bring the girlfriend along, so I want to make sure and break her in right with the worst trails possible, so that is part of me wanting to do Behind the Rocks and the lot. :)

Last edited:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Just want you to know ahead of time that I only plan on running easy/scenic trails once again. Plan right now is to go out with Ryan and anyone else who would like to join us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
Where did you break on Metal masher? It looks like there is only a few big obstacles? Behind the rocks looks a little intense???
Chucked a U-Joint on the start of Mirror Gulch - - based on a rear suspension issue (a little too much bounce).

No big obstacles (other than Rock Chucker and Widow Maker - - which are either optional or have bypasses...).

Paul
'91 Sport

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoabB2 2011 Moab Bronco Safari, May 1-8 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Rick Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
Rick Moab 2020 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Albino 94LTD 2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64
Rick Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 99
Glasken Moab 2017 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
Rick Video from EF's first run in Moab - 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Rick Moab 2016 Photos and Video Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 85
MrQ Moab 2016 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 434
Stic-o So California crew to Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Brian1 Trip Report: Overland Expo to Moab May 2015 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Pics from Moab 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
adamsbro2 Little moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Rick Moab 2015 - May 22-24 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 467
adamsbro2 Moab 2015 Planning - Setting a date Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 29
B Moab june 4-8 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
adamsbro2 Moab 2014 May 16-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 202
E Moab trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
Rick Moab 2013 Photos and Videos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 230
CheapThrillEX Back from Moab.... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Char Moab 2013 - May 10-12 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 662
Tbars4 Official Moab to Monument Valley 2012 trip report Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 94
NHarris Anyone going to be in Moab this weekend? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Char EF "Regular" Moab Trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 30
crazyflights Moab Trip April 30-May 5th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
F 2WD Off-Roading near Moab? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Tbars4 Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 253
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
Paul Pre-Moab Rig Fixing Get-Together! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 97
Diff Whack Daddy Moab 2010, MAY 22-23 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 364
B Moab playtime Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Diff Whack Daddy Moab Caravan Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 113
james t Moab run 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 79
Brian1 Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 & Moab - Act Now! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
P Easy Trails in Moab for dead stock Aviator Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
crazyflights Moab Trip Sept 1,2,3,ideas and advice, checking interest Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
GJarrett Looking for Moab 2000 Photo Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
K Moab Trail Suggestions? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
ProjectAviator Could this be our last Moab G2G?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
RFR2212 Moab 09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
ProjectAviator Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 369
RFR2212 Sept Moab/NM trip-interested? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Diff Whack Daddy Moab 2008 Pics and Videos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 79
Perry Non 4x4 Moab trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
B Who's planning on going to Moab in May? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
C Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 561
Z Moab Activist "Trail" Ride Oct 3. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
Rick Moab 2007 Photos & Trip Report Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 143