Photos - Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Which weekend for Moab 2021?

• May 1-2

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • May 8-9

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • May 15-16

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • May 22-23

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • May 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
16204964819321905465953427968064.jpg

16204965677878271225329003236704.jpg

About 6 hours drive left for myself, son Landon and @gmanpaint

Just outside Fort Collins, Co

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anybody has a couple extra D-Rings I'd be grateful if you brought them along.... though I suppose Harbor Freight isnt that far away.
Hard to beat HF's $10 shackles but they are Chinesium. I have a couple used Crosby USA shackles I could bring if you are interested but I have to get $15 each for them or $25/pr.

I'll be there a lil late. Got everything done but didnt get around to picking up meds (hate getting old). The pharmacy opens at 10am sooo..... guess that just gives us more time to prepare.

Might not even make it now. Loaded up, headed out, and an hour into the trip I've got heavy smoke behind the truck. Pull over to find oil everywhere under the back of the truck. Somehow it got outa the diff I'm guessing. It was slung all over under there by the driveshaft (probably). Let it cool off and see what's going on and what caused the massive exodus of oil.

Pics of carnage

20210509_115514.jpg

20210509_115501.jpg

20210509_115457.jpg

20210509_114552.jpg

20210509_114535.jpg

20210509_114121.jpg

20210509_114112.jpg

20210509_114102.jpg

Did it lose the fill plug?

Nope, not sure where or how it got out. We refilled it, and limped home. Gonna have a shop check it out tomorrow. I've got an auto locker I bout from gman. With any luck they can install that, make sure the seals and bearings are all good and we'll be on our way.

Hopefully they get it sorted without needing a new gear set Traveler.

We made it in to town, and set up camp this afternoon. Tomorrow is the easy tourist day for us, but will be ready to hit the trails on Tuesday.

20210509_190149.jpg

Nope, not sure where or how it got out. We refilled it, and limped home. Gonna have a shop check it out tomorrow. I've got an auto locker I bout from gman. With any luck they can install that, make sure the seals and bearings are all good and we'll be on our way.

did it blow out the vent tube? could have been plugged causing it to pressurize with heat/elevation change and then pop.

Well it's in the shops hands now. Hope it's a simple case of replacing bearings and seals and throwing in the auto locker that's been sitting in my shed (since they'll have it cracked open anyway... )

Greg(g) / Kurt / Logan - No time for a PM…. It’s Tuesday 5:10 and a few of us are at Moab Brewery. Come on over, talking trails for tomorrow…

Well looks like the Expedition is making the trip. They aren't even pulling the Explorer in and looking at it til tomorrow morning. But we'll be there.

We are not going to make it to moab.

Too many other issues came up, and we have to cancel our trip. :(

I'm sure everyone has already heard that I won't be out there as well. We just had to move Char's father in with us. It's been a long painful process to say the least. He is extremely sick and was not getting the care he needed in Texas as he had no family there at all. Not only did we have to fly him out here with an aid, we also had to get his cat out here which proved much more difficult than we imagined.

I have owned cats for about 40 years. Never has a vet asked if we wanted our cat vaccinated for rabies. That being the case, I never knew cats were vaccinated for rabies. Well, the airlines won't allow a cat to fly without a rabies vaccine that was administered at least 30 days before the flight.

His cat is 15 years old and is all he has left to hold on to, so we promised him that the cat would be here for him. If you ever need to move a cat/pet across country, we found a great service that is like Uber for pets. Char contracted with a young lady who picked up the cat from his apartment and drove it out to us in AZ in two days. I'll have to get the name of the company from Char..

Now we have to get him evaluated, get him new doctors, and hopefully find a good place for him to live which can provide the care he needs.

I lost my father two years ago. My father in law looks like my dad did about 4 months before he passed on. :(

Have fun out there, and have a load of fun for us... We were really looking forward to the trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back