• Register Today It's free!

Moab playtime

baker01s

Reaction score
City, State
TRINIDAD, COLORADO
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT V8 AWD, 89 JEEP CH
Next year/summer I'm going to hit MOAB with everything I got. I should have everything ready money saved up family tied down to the hood of my explorer (or something like that, maybe just the wife unless the kids get tooo hyper too) I'm trying to find out some info on MOAB I plan on staying a week or so just wheeling everytrail I can. I know they have camping sites, motels, etc. but is gas up higher around there than most places? Does it cost, and how much to get into MOAB. What are most the parts people break period. Like I said I want to hit everything. I gues my main Question is just how much to get into MOAB and if it cost a certain amount pertrail, etc. This is gonna be our first real vaction out of colorado... And I just want to be prepaired for fun..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gas should be no more expensive than it is in Tdad. The only places in Moab that cost to wheel are if you do any of the trails in the parks (Fins-n-Things, Hells Revenge, Elephant Hill, Arches or Cannyonlands, etc...). Try searching for some of the old return threads from our past Moab runs to get an idea on what you should bring or might break.

How much are the trails? The trails are what i'm mostly looking for, a long with others too. Is there a site or a forum that might have prices. I've looked up MOAB sites and I have found pics of trails with there names, camping sites, motels, etc. but the price of wheeling in MOAB. Theres a place 50 miles east of Denver and they carge roughly for a season pass with family for about around $500.smacks a season but it's only open on weekends too. FOR my first time out I want a peace of MOAB....

There is no price to run any of the trails. They are FREE! The only thing you will have to pay is the park enterance fee IF you run any of the trails inside the state parks (trails I listed before). If I recall correctly its somewhere around $7.00 for a weekend pass.

THANK YOU, you've made my night. Every where I'ved looked I found out just about everything else but any word on the cover price.
THANK YOU. HOPE TO SEE YA'LL THERE NEXT YEAR.

not a lot of Ex's in utah I guess. none of the replies came from utah. I am planning on hitting some trail in utah next year as well. I'll kep an eye our around the summer time just give me some time to get everything together!

not a lot of Ex's in utah I guess. none of the replies came from utah. I am planning on hitting some trail in utah next year as well. I'll kep an eye our around the summer time just give me some time to get everything together!

I'm only 30 miles East of Utah (90 minutes from Moab). :D

Not me I'm (under normal driving time) 7 1/2 - 8 hours away, one way. Now add a trailer plus a 4x4 rig, 3 kids 8,9,10 yrs. old a large dog, doin about average 60 - 70 mph. all loaded up in a explorer. = #@$!%&??? So MOAB will be like THANK YOU LORD WE FINALLY MAAADE IIITTT.

I am sure I would have three kids in tow as well but they are a little older. 11,12, 13

Hey is there a age limit, driver linsense required to drive in moab? I have a 82 bronco 2 that i'm gonna try to get fixed up for out there too and maybe let my oldest one drive it. He doesn't do too bad out here on our land so with some more driving time he should be able to do some easier trails. But that is if he want's to put the work into fixing it up first.

I think you need a permit for stuff in canyonlands, I might be thinking an overnighter, but call to make sure.

You nail down a month/time frame yet? I get back in APR and I am looking for a Utah or Big Bear run. With or without anyone. Of course I would rather do the With someone option!

We pulled the portable casa down and set up in a park on the southend of the city. We didnt know anything except all the stories from friends. There is anything from Lions back (OH HELL NO) to the local trails. We didnt have to pay to access any of the trails. Id suggest contacting the chamber prior to heading down, they will send you information on the local attractions. I highly recommend the high point trail (name?) its just a single lane road that heads west up into the high lands, its beautiful The trail that follows the river is well worth the trip. The nights in the local clubs was ok, but the best was just meeting folks in the camp. Have fun, yes gas is spendy, but plentiful.

one more thought; we didnt have to buy any permits, or pay any entrance fees. Lord knows the park service wants their tolls, so i dont know if thats changed. I'll try and find out and will post again. BTW, im a couple hours north of Moab, if an Exp clubs meets there, I wanna join!!!

Thank you for the info. have you tried RED ROCK 4 WHEELIN.COM (RR4W.COM)

thanx!

I'll head over there now. thank you!

Most of Moab is BLM land so I think you can let your kid drive, I have seen a few kids driving there just not sure if its legal in the BLM if it is then you are good! I live in St. George and am 5 1/2 hrs from Moab. We usually go once a year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back