Moab ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab ?

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
I looked and I couldn't find exactly what dates MOAB is. Can somebody please tell me? Is it worth going if you are pretty much a stocker? ANY other stockers gonna be there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moab is in Southeast Utah. I know if you go to the KOA camping site (www.koa.com) they have a map of all their locations of which Moab is one.

It is still worth going even if you are stock. There are plenty of runs that stockers are capable of. I'm going and I'm 2wd! I'm on stock suspension (except with Gabriel replacement shocks), stock tires, and at stock height. My rear diff is getting an Eaton positraction unit, so I should be able to run with a stock open-diffed 4x4. I do have a lot more power than stock though, so I may be able to power out of some stuff that a true stocker can't. Also, if you haven't done much offroading before, I recommend going out to somewhere local and trying some easy stuff to get a feel for how your truck behaves offroad. Driving skill is a huge part of offroading. Even though I have a 2wd, I've been running it off the road since I've had it and have a lot of runs under my belt. I've often made it through places other SUVs (4x4) haven't. You'd be very surprised what a stock Explorer can do if there's a competent monkey behind the wheel!

I have pretty good experience offroad and know how the explorer handels. I went weelin to day with a friend and he has a jeep and he couldn't get places I could. I have owned this truck for about six months and go wheelin about twice a month. Do you know when mthe moab run is. I have been there before so I know where it is.

Oh sorry, I misread your post. For all info on the Moab run, check out the locked itinerary thread in the Serious Explorations forum. If you have any other questions, I suggest you post them in the looooooooooong Moab thread in that forum, or ask Gerald.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Thanks for the info.

Check with Gerald ( GJarrett)...

Joe,
The Moab 2001 Exploration is all booked up at 50 attendees.
You might check with GJarrett and see if there is any kind of alternate list. It is possible that as the time nears, some drivers may have a change of plans/circumstances and drop out.
The event is in mid-May.

Yeah I just noticed That there were only 50 slots and they were already taken. That stinks. I will probibaly see some of you guys Go through Grand JUnction, Co. because i'll be there the entire month of may. Oh well maybe next year.

Joe, the trip is full but there have already been three cancellations so those on the waiting list are now going and there is no waiting list now. If you want to be next in line if someone else has to cancel please email me and you will be notified should another cancellation occur.

Sorry for the hassle and the limit. We are working toward opening the run up to as many as wish to come beginning next year. That's still a long way off and there is still much to work out, but we are working on that goal.

Gerald

Back