• Register Today It's free!

More exhaust questions...

Sethro

Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT SOHC
Okay, I am determined to get dual exhaust on my '97 SOHC. I went down to the muffler shop today to have them check it out. My current muffler is a dual in single out. He is going to put 2.5" duals into the muffler and 2.25" duals out of the muffler. He doesn't seem to think that I am going to loose much if any torque, especially since I have dual ins and I'm not doing anything to the cat. He suggested a Gorlick(sp?) Xhilirator which I have never heard of, or he is checking on a Flowmaster for me tomorrow. He gave me a rough qoute of $250-300 when it is all said and done.

1. What does everyone think of this overall setup?

2. What about this Gorlick exhaust?

3. What about the price?

Very curious to hear anyones opinion...

never heard of gorlick.....i dont thing flow does a dual in/out one although you could get dual in/ single out then put in a y pipe from there =000-<===
sorry, kinda bad picture.......hope you get the picture(no pun intended)

I have the same thing, duel in, single out. I got a Dynomax for $190 total. It is an ok exhaust, but I think it is too loud on the freeways (around 3000 RPMs). If I had to do it over, I would get something else.

agh....if punisher thinks the dyno is too loud, be careful....the flowmasters are normally louder than the dynos...i have heard both and i have a flow 40 non delta, yes it is way too loud for a v6 but i love it.

Back