Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT stock
The front of my X

2rgzy38.jpg

219qq1s.jpg

Thanks to the last owner the rocker panels have rotted out, so i'm gonna cut them out completely and replace them with 3/16th" square steel stock.

m8z1as.jpg

When i was in Service Shop Procedures at DADC i Decided to fill my quarter panels and shave them. what do u think?

4h2urq.jpg

I had to replace the rear hatch. i'm gonna shave the body line on the bottom of the rear hatch also.

2567lzp.jpg

And finally the passenger side needs to be primed and painted.

29z1u2w.jpg

So what do you think so far? i know it's ugly as hell right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was trying to figure out why your back hatch looked different from mine, that's when I realized you have no rear wiper. I didn't know they didn't come with them at all, is it an option from the factory? My motor is messing up, and I never used it anyways, I'm thinking of shaving it when it gets warmer.

I hear on the need paint, mine is flat black right now, but hopefully I can finish the body work it needs this upcoming spring break and painted not to long afterwards.

If you're good at body/metal work, might want to try making your own roll pan to replace the rear bumper and those side panels you cut off.

rear gate

i bought the rear gate at a junkyard in denver co. called pull-n-save, this rear hatch came from the factory with no wiper, rear defrost, or rear washer. this is the old rear hatch:
sqky8m.jpg

and the new hatch:
2567lzp.jpg

Thanks to the last owner the rocker panels have rotted out, so i'm gonna cut them out completely and replace them with 3/16th" square steel stock.

I did the same thing with my old tracker because of the bashed in rockers, only I used a 1" x 2" rectangular tube, the result will be the same it looked pretty darned good, unfortunately no pics of the tracker with that mod complete. I've got some rocker rot on my '94 in the usual area but it has the plastic body piece in front of it so I guess I'll live with it :D

i lived with the rocker rust till i ripped the plastic rocker trim off.. looks like a shark bit into the sides of my explorer.

i had often thought about getting a plain rear hatch, came across a few at the yard i go to but after last night im glad i have rear defrost.

Back