Cartman

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
I'm looking to get more power out my truck, here is what I'm considering;
Superchip or Diablo chip
Flowmaster 40 series exhaust w/ dual out (I like the look of the duals)
High flow mass air flow sensor (claims to add 10-15hp and 20 torque)
I already have the K&N airfilter

Any other ideas that are fairly cheap. I want to keep good (for an X) mileage, and really want better acceleration and never tow.

Thats a great list and it pretty much sums up the mods that are available for the 4.0. You can switch to synthetic fluids to free up the last bit of power and mileage.
P.S.- I have a 40 series dual exhaust too and I love the power and sound. i picked up 2mpg with it and my cut air box. I have some exhaust pics in a link in my sig.

I was planning on having the 2 tips side by side but after looking at yours I might go that route, how much was involved in the install and any problems with the spare tire.
The tips look great, what are they. I like the Borla stainless tips but they are pricey.

I bought two 40 series single in/single out Flowmaster mufflers from Summit for $60ea, then had a local muffler shop weld them in and install some 2 1/2" pipes with 3 1/2" chrome tips. The pipes and welding cost $100 and the tips were $30, so total was $250. Its the best way to go really. Pick a muffler you like, buy it and take it to a muffler shop. The passenger pipe comes straight out. The driver side pipe comes straight back untill it gets close to the spare tire. It then makes a 90* turn and runs towards the driver side. It then makes another 90* turn after it clears the spare tire and it comes straight out the back. Its run the same way that all the fullsize trucks are. The pipes are not close to any fuel or brake lines and they go around the spare tire just fine.

Back