• Register Today It's free!

more traction!

bender

Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Limited
I have a 96 xlt 4.0. I wheel occasionally with a jeep grand cherokee and a discovery. I want more traction to be able to hang with these guys more often. also we get a ton of snow here and i was considering a rear selectable locker. then i thought maybe a limited slip would be enough for the little i do wheel. also is there such a thing as a limited slip for the front diff? basically what do you guys think is best for me on a tight budget. i currently have an open 3.55 rear end thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

since you are starting from scratch don't waste the money for a l/s go right for the locker

Originally posted by Billy177
since you are starting from scratch don't waste the money for a l/s go right for the locker

I agree with the others, go locker.

Originally posted by Billy177
x10

You can install a Detroit trutrack in the front differential. It is a limited slip helical gear actuated carrier. It is a very different driving experience (in snow) than an open front differential. Selectible locker works in the front to.

Back