Msupertek's making of the CANVAS TOPPER! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Msupertek's making of the CANVAS TOPPER!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should do the tube doors, too. :cool:

Do you have a tailgate, or have something planned for one?

Oh man that is great...You have some good working skills.....

It looks awesome.
I am planning on doing mine but a removable hard top.
How does it handle the highway? Do you get alot of wind flap?
Either way that thing looks really good.

does it balloon out when you are driving or do you have it strapped to the roll cage? Thanks
I am just curious.

I havnt renewed the tags and inspection yet, I'll be doing that at the end of the month. So basically I have not got over 40 mph yet in it (It will only go about 50 with my gearing). But at 40 it holds fine and doesn't balloon at this point. When taking it on the highway (on my trailer) I plan on either using ratchet straps to help keep it down or removing it temporarily to be sure it does not wip. I'd hate for the buttons to tear off or something.

I will be covering the tube doors sometime soon, I just ran out of time to mess with it for now so it will be a few weeks or so before I cover them.

Tailgate : I am planning on using some material if I have enough left over to make a net type tailgate. If I don't have enough left over I'll probably just buy one for a compact truck and install it.

Thnx for the comps.:D

Very nice bro!!! I like it!!!!

Cool thanks for the reply!

dude ive been thinkin about doin a soft top, not dident consider the whole thing to be soft, but after seeing this i think that this is what im gunna go for, looks AWESOME!!!! :navajo:

looks like a hummer jr.

Slap an M1A1 turret on there.

This post gives me a mahogany!!!! Keep up the work. I want to cut mine up and have been looking for inspiration.

Back