• Register Today It's free!

MTM power pack - SCT X4

jason46

Reaction score
City, State
Traverse City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Thinking about pulling the trigger on an SCT X4 power pack from mtmautoworks.com. Curious if anyone can give me feedback or opinions on it.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not familiar with them but looks like they use GearHead tunes which I have heard good things about. They got a couple vids on YouTube of explorers they tuned.

The SCT device can be used with other tuners as well

Thinking about pulling the trigger on an SCT X4 power pack from mtmautoworks.com. Curious if anyone can give me feedback or opinions on it.

Thanks
I have a SCT Livewire TS+ and it works well. I like that it can be mounted to the windshield and used as a monitor for a wide variety of functions. Also, SCT just came out with a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle that uses a smartphone/tablet app for $269. If I were buying one today it would be this one.

As for canned tunes, I don't know if there is a lot of difference between them. I am running the canned tune on my 2007 Mustang that came with the Livewire from SCT. I also have the original Steeda tune the came with the car from 2007. I really don't see hardly any difference in performance between them. IMO, to really get the most horsepower/torque from a tune it needs to be a custom one done on a dyno by an experienced tuner.

I like the package MTM has with the tuner, plugs and map sensor. For me mostly looking to just have some fun the extra $200 for the Livewire isn't worth it to me. Likely get either the X4 or the BDX. If I get results anywhere near the dyno run on the powerpack webpage I'm sure I'll be more than happy. I see a window mounts can be purchased for either the X4 or BDX.

Any of them will get the job done. I don't use mine for monitoring all that much. If you think you will use it for monitoring quite a bit then the Livewire would be worth the extra money, IMO. Its screen is larger, has a better aspect ratio and is touchscreen capable.

Justin (MTM) is a legit seller, and the GH tune he sells is one of the best (if not the best) around

Back