Muffler survey! post your opinion! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Muffler survey! post your opinion!

97FordxSport

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer Sport
What muffler do you think sounds the best in your opinion on a 4.0 sohc explorer. This is your opinion so don't ask what sound i want. Also state why you think it sounds the best. This should be able to help alot of people if enough people reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Flowmaster 50 Suv Dual In Single Out, Only one made by Flowmaster with that kind of setup. I love it because its not annoying loud but people know I'm comming. I like the deep growl and the way it idols. With a nice chrome tip and the 2.5's back I'm more then satisfied and for under 200 bucks for everything.. Your not beating the deal. Good post idea I can personally speak for over 10 hours searching before I made my decision!!

Mufflers Ive had were

Flowmaster Original 40
Flowmaster 50 SUV
Flowmaster Super 40
Flowmaster Super 44
IMCO Extreme

All were single 2.5"; except 50 SUV which was dual 2.25"

So far I like the original 40 the most. Deep and loud (than the others that is). Offroad Y pipe helped it a lot.

Is there any way to post a thing where people can vote at the top? This thread should be stickied with all the SOHC questions on exhaust we get

I smell a poll :D

40 Series

I have the flowmaster super 40 series 2.5 dual in and 2.5 dual out and, it sounds bad ass. :chug: :shoot:

I got the 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport its single in and dual out and i
like the way it sounds. So I would pick flowmasters.

Flowmaster 40 series. I had a MagnaFlow but it was too quiet. I like the sound of the Flowmaster better but the MagnaFlow seemed to have better performance.

If only someone could invent a muffler that made a v6 sound like a v8...they would be a millionaire (not just our motors. v6 in general)

I agree with Froader on the magnaflow. When first installed I didnt think it sounded that good, but after finishing up the exhaust, it sounds pretty darn good!

The only other muffler I've had was a Gibson. Not bad but the magnaflow sounds better.

If only someone could invent a muffler that made a v6 sound like a v8...they would be a millionaire (not just our motors. v6 in general)

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh** no matter how much mayonnaise one uses ....

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh** no matter how much mayonnaise one uses ....

Damn, I knew I was doing something wrong :p:

doesn't the mayo still make it salad, just with an after taste, hmm that reminds me I didn't eat lunch yet. Maybe I'll go make some chicken salad:D

I have a Dynomax super turbo muffler dual in one out and it not only performs great but it sounds great. Its not annoying loud but you can deffinatley hear it so i would recomend it to anyone

i have a custom done with a cherrybomb vortex muffler dual in single out with 2.5 back. The sound is awesome at idle, very deep and mildly lloud, just sounds mean. When driving, you can hear it in cab but it is not overly loud, not much louder than stock when cruising. I like it, just what i wanted. Also was very cheap, $200 Total.

Well boys, I'm OldSkool & I like my Cherry Bomb glasspack mufflers on whatever I drive..........a glasspack even sounded good on my 2.7L{4 cylinder} 5 speed Ranger I used to own :)

Back