• Register Today It's free!

multiple codes

hobbes3d

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT 4.0 v6
I have a 2010 explorer and the service engine light came on. My scan tool read the following trouble codes P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0403, P0443. The first four are for the o2 sensors. P0403 is related to the EGR assembly and P0443 is the EVAP valve/circuit. I don't believe all four 02 sensors would go out at once, so that leads me to believe something farther up the line is the culprit. I forced an evap test and it passed, I ran a diagnostic on the O2 sensors and passed. The EGR valve was replaced 3 months ago for it's own code that came up (didn't use an oem part). the egr tube is wide open and clean. The evap purge valve isn't leaking but I can't force a test on that but the ohm reading is 3.6 ohms. I've read that it can't be below 14 or above 30. all my fuses and relays are working just fine. I have till June for inspection but want to get ahead of this before time runs out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does your scanner allow reading the o2 graphs and trims? might be nice to see.

does your scanner allow reading the o2 graphs and trims? might be nice to see.
Never dove into it that much. Apparently it does but I think I have to download it and put it on the computer

Check the two bulk connectors (engine bay near the firewall) for the wiring harnesses for tight fit and lack of corrosion, and check the battery clamps as well, and battery/system voltage while running. Low system voltage is a common cause of multiple phantom codes simultaneously.

Also check for rodent caused wire insulation damage, or otherwise just wire insulation failure for whatever reason.

Were you able to figure this out. I have the same codes right now

im in the same boat now too. I replaced the EGR and Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid but codes still came back

For others coming across this old post, I had these same codes about 2 months ago. Note that they are circuit codes. I ran the pinpoint tests that AllData gave me, and it came back to the PCM. I then found this:

REPAIR SERVICE 06-10 FORD EXPLORER 4.0L ECU ECM PCM ENGINE COMPUTER P0403 P0443 | eBay

If you read down in the description, you see all of the same codes listed. It is a common problem with the heater drivers for the O2 sensors.

I sent mine to those guys (EBAY Seller 'your parts source') and they had it back to me in about 4 days. Everything has been great since then.

Back