• Register Today It's free!

Multiple maintenance question

BExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XL 4x4
Her it goes, I will in a couple of week do a maintenance/repair spree. I have multiple question, I have read a lot but stil question.
1- I found out that my RA bushing could be causing popping, stering lossness, so I want to replace them. Should I go for a kit and replace all the bushing or just the RA one. My truck has 145,000 km and I think none where ever replaced.
2- I also need to replace rear brakes, O2 sensor, serpentine belt and replace my air filter (drop in K&N). Can I get a price for all these item or do I need to shop around for best price at each store for each part.
3- After replacing the bushing, do i need an alignement to be done.
4- Is the open air element going to make a difference compare to my drop-in
5- For the O2, should I get the Ford OEM or is there some performance one that could be better.
6- For the brakes, I replaced the front with ART slotted brake. For my rear do I go with standard pads or is ther any better performance pads out there.
7- For the RA bushing thing, I read 2 methods. The first one is to get rid of the rivet on the bracket and the other is to dismantle suspension parts to pry loose the RA. Wicth one is better in term of time and in mind of replacing them again(if needed).

Thanks for all your input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1- Buy the polly bushings( there much stronger) If the rest of the bushings are bad or you have some free cash, go for a kit.
2 - If you got the time, shop around.
3 - Yes, the new bushings are going to adjust the fornt end slightly.
4 - Don't know.
5 - Don't know.
6 - Don't know.
7 - The rivot removal (torch 'em) Is the safest way.
I recomend adding a washer as a spacer when you replace the bushings. Read this:
Dead Link Removed

Forgot!

8- I have to replace the radiator, can I upgrade it to something better or keeping the OEM one is enought. I dont do much towing, trafic and live in Canada, so no big eat problem(I should say I get cold probleme).

If it never heats up, it is indicating that the thermostat is stuck open. Replace the thermostat.

the back brakes need shoes... they dont have pads they are drums...... order the 02 from torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com 02 sensors are basically all the same.. i think bosch makes almost all of the oem ones and they are the same price

Bump

Anyone with more input.

Thanks for the answers.

Back