My 2001 Sport After destruction Before Finished... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2001 Sport After destruction Before Finished...

OK boys,

This is my first post. I've been lurking around the forum for a little while and decided to post some pics of my current "project"... This truck's got some history behind it. My parents owned the X when it was new. Long story short, after a tree fell on it, we repaired it and my sister drove it for awhile. After that she sold it to her husband's cousin. After a night of alleged drinking, he decided to take his aggression out on the golf course that he worked for. This little X caused over 15K damage to the golf course, but on the last "hole", he flipped it and went to jail. It sat on it's top all night. I acquired the truck by paying the wrecker fees. It made the news. (See the attached article)

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19263752/man-charged-for-using-suv-to-tear-up-golf-course

Anyway, the before is after I chopped the top with a sawsall... I'll keep you posted on the progress.

DSCF8171.jpg

DSCF8290.jpg

DSCF8289.jpg

DSCF8283.jpg

DSCF8285.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude any comparison to top gear is a full blown awesome compliment lol.
Any plans for a roof? Soft top?

I truely am flattered by the Top Gear comment, but in that particular pic, I don't see the resemblence.

As far as the top, I have considered getting a soft top made, but the truck resides in my garage right now anyway. So weather isn't a factor. The top would be sweet though, (and quite a bit warmer this time of year). Eventually I'll get around to it.

This is definitely a cool project. I'll enjoy watching it :thumbsup:

lookin good keep up good work

Gotta agree, this is different and cool! Looking forward to more pics/progress.

Back