My 2005 LS put down 322rwhp and 339 rwtq today. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2005 LS put down 322rwhp and 339 rwtq today.

I know this is the need for speed explorer section but it is the one I know the most people from and frequent often. Forgive a non-Explorer post in here. :D

I finally took the LS to the dyno so I could tune it today. From baseline to final run the car picked up 92 rwhp over the previous. The particular dyno I took the car to reads usually about 20rwhp low. Going by the 1/4 mile ET's traps speeds and by the mods I have I know the car puts down 255rwhp or very very close to it. The baseline was only 230rwhp which is about where a stock 03+ LS would dyno which means that the dyno reads about 20-25 rwhp lower than actual. As the title says, the car still put down 322rwhp and 339rwtq SAE running pig rich (10:1 A/F) and in hot weather. The biggest thing I took from it all was that I gained 92rwhp over the baseline which is better than I thought it would do. Once I lean it out and run it on a dyno that doesn't read so low it will be putting down 350+rwhp SAE. Right now it should squeak in a high 12.9 in the 1/4 mile. Once I lean it out a little more it should be able to hit 12.9's more easily once I learn how to drive it again.

05 LS 100 shot dynotune

Once I get the dyno operator to email me the .DRF files I will post a screenshot of the best run too. Enjoy!

Hey there. Seems like pretty good numbers to me.

I'm sort of new here but have seen a few videos of your X. What's going on with it?

Jakee said:
Hey there. Seems like pretty good numbers to me.

I'm sort of new here but have seen a few videos of your X. What's going on with it?

About to start tearing it apart again and putting some of the more serious mods in it. With some hard work and luck I might be able to have it up and running again in its new form within the next couple months. After that happens the Explorer will leap about another 1-1.5 seconds ahead of the LS's new times in the 1/4.

Back