My 92 Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 92 Ex

Hey my name is Zack Brooks i'm from Oregon City, OR I drive a 92 Explorer is stock for now my email is animalbmx9@yahoo.com

This what it looks like right now
1318244119.jpg

1318244118-1.jpg

1318244118.jpg

My plans for it are to lift it with coil spacers and an AAL or shackles and put my 32x11.50x15 Wild Country M/Ts it for now untill I either start college or get a job. For right now I have some stuff I need to replace like all 4 window motors and the starter and do a full tune up. Stick around this will get fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x

Sounds like some good plans. Can't wait to see what you do with her! Depending on the previous owner's maintenance of it the full tune up will really liven her up!

Im just gonna throw this out there, if none of your windows work it probably isnt the motors, more likely a switch or power problem

How hard is the switch to replace for the windows?

IIRC it is easy, just pull the door panel and it has 2 screws on the inside, but i would test the wiring first, as that is the most likely culprit

the absence of power isnt as much as a common problem as having the bushings wear out. most of the time its actually the bushings inside of the gear box, its easy to replace and there is a thread or two around here somewhere. and you can get them in packs of 3 (3 are on each window) at autozone or orilleys for 7 or 8 bucks

For the rear motors you could install 95-01 rear motor/track assembles. The 91-94 uses a cable driven system, and is usually broken.

Ebay had the bushing kit for $2 but the shipping was stupid ridiculous. Pretty much $10 for 6 bushings shipped.

Thank you guys for the info on the windows. Sorry I haven't been on in a while the girlfriend and I just had a handsome baby boy on the 19th.:D

Back