My '94 extended cab | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '94 extended cab

i cant really say. it purred better. but with the broken a4ld i drove on the whole time, it still drove like ass. i maxed out at 13mpg city. before i built it i never saw past 10.5mpg city

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

changed the front pads last night. power stop z16.
my old ones were worn a little weird.
both driversand passengers; inner pad worn more on the top then on the bottom.
both drivers and passenger; outer and inner pads worn like their 'toed in' on the rotor.

i still have a squeaking noise when braking, according to my speed and brake pressure. im hoping its just the 8.8. just cause thats being trashed soon

changed the fuel filter. took 5mins! pulled out the clip and went to grab my fuel line removal tools and grabbed the fuel line and it popped off. didnt realize the ranger just uses the clips to hold it together lol

and painted the new cover. it was bedlined and painted white for the exploder. so i sanded it down a bit, did some hammered black then shot on the color matched body paint.
554204_3557823115533_232434512_n.jpg

cut the old sway bar mounts off. changed both wheel seals. my locker is missing the shims creating way to much slop. but it made getting the c-clip out so much easier. lol :/

jd doin work! but he just had to find a way to sit down while doing it! haha
IMG_20121103_195928.jpg

cut the old sway bar mounts off. changed both wheel seals. my locker is missing the shims creating way to much slop. but it made getting the c-clip out so much easier. lol :/

jd doin work! but he just had to find a way to sit down while doing it! haha
IMG_20121103_195928.jpg

hahaha should have got one when they was flying 20ft in the air!!:sawzall::sawzall:and dear god im sore,truck kicked my ass!!

O and what you talking about?????who was sitting down in the chair first??:nono::nono:
2012-11-03164004.jpg

Bahaahaha! We were both creepin on eachother takin pics! Damnit! I'm caught! Haha.

IMG_20121111_161319.jpg

IMG_20121111_161305.jpg

its already in. just need to swap master cylinders and bleed the brakes. bolt on the shocks.
then its time for a burnout on the exploders tires. ranger tires back on and bed back on

Might need to weld on those shock mounts from the Ranger axle, unless you've come up with some sort of bolt-on mounts instead.

Might need to weld on those shock mounts from the Ranger axle, unless you've come up with some sort of bolt-on mounts instead.

He left out he is dropping it by sua and using two driverside explorer shock mounts/spring plates

yea thats correct. but im going sua with exploder springs. so im only lowered 3.5" in the rear.
shocks are a pita. the mounts go outward of stock mounts a good 2" or so. making it a pita to get them on the top stud.

yea thats correct. but im going sua with exploder springs. so im only lowered 3.5" in the rear.
shocks are a pita. the mounts go outward of stock mounts a good 2" or so. making it a pita to get them on the top stud.

Top stud?they arnt a eye mount like the ex?could you drill a new hole in the top crossmeber where it would align better?

shock is an eye. i said stud cause thats what the mount it. and exploder shocks arent neither, they have the tab with the holes on them. :p

the way my brackets are the only solution is to weld tabs to the axle. i got the shocks on tho. just had to use a socket and a sledge to punch them on the top studs once the bottoms were on.

and my front right tire is flat. as in its off now and theres a flat spot from weight being on it with 0psi :(
and genius me, im in the yard. so i had to take a board to put my jack on. jacks to tall. so i had to lift using the sway bar. take off tire, hub is to low and jack is maxed out now. so put exploders tire under rotor and let the jack down, repostioned to under the radius arm bolt. then i could mount the exploders tire on there finally lol.
tire has a nail in it :(
ps, 32s fit a stock 2wd ranger. i cant say much about turning but it fits. ill take pics of that and the progress in the morning

flat tire :(
IMG_20121112_095729.jpg

32 fits lol
IMG_20121112_095751.jpg

its all done
IMG_20121112_095822.jpg

IMG_20121112_095831.jpg

i had to start the truck and move it backwards. cause i couldnt get my hood open due to a tree.. my brake light was on and abs was on. does abs stay on when the ebrake is engaged? im gonna have to mess with the ebrake cable some as i mayve pulled on it making it seem locked. its not connected as the cables wont reach, about 6" to short :(
if the abs light is staying on on its own, maybe to much air is the rear brakes? havent bleed them yet. im using a 99 exploder abs sensor. it worked in my 91 exploder just fine.

flat tire :(
IMG_20121112_095729.jpg

32 fits lol
IMG_20121112_095751.jpg

its all done
IMG_20121112_095822.jpg

IMG_20121112_095831.jpg

i had to start the truck and move it backwards. cause i couldnt get my hood open due to a tree.. my brake light was on and abs was on. does abs stay on when the ebrake is engaged? im gonna have to mess with the ebrake cable some as i mayve pulled on it making it seem locked. its not connected as the cables wont reach, about 6" to short :(
if the abs light is staying on on its own, maybe to much air is the rear brakes? havent bleed them yet. im using a 99 exploder abs sensor. it worked in my 91 exploder just fine.

You get the new mc on?you bleed the brakes?how the hell you do that alone?

If I had a self bleed kit I could've lol. I have a fiend coming over to help tho.

No I still have on the old mc and no fluid in the rear lines. I HAD to start it to move it. I couldnt get my hood open. A tree branch was in the way.

If I had a self bleed kit I could've lol. I have a fiend coming over to help tho.

No I still have on the old mc and no fluid in the rear lines. I HAD to start it to move it. I couldnt get my hood open. A tree branch was in the way.

Oo well that's why the light is on duhh!!

its all done. just need to put the bed liner and tool box back on. 32s fit with a 3.5" drop. but will rub the fender even when running over a piece of paper lol

ill get a pic of how it sits tomorrow at work, nice flat parking spaces

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back