My Billet Grill Install | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Billet Grill Install

Ok...So I got my grill in today and Fairbanks (storlied) asked me to write up an install and have pictures so he goes nothin! Also my spelling has been to grate since my crash I had in March 2007 so don't get to upset with it...

0022sized.jpg

stock grill just pulled it in the garage

0008sized.jpg

after removing all of the screws, tool tray and corner lights there are 4 pressure clips holding the grill in 2 of them are under the corner lights and the other 2 you access under the truck

0031sized.jpg

with the grill shell removed from the truck, it would be a good idea to remove the egg crate plastic that is held in with 5 push pins

0035sized.jpg

the grill, ready to cut the center section out

0042sized.jpg

cutting the center out, with a sawzall :thumbsup:

0045sized.jpg

the center is now removed;)

0046sized.jpg

again, center removed

0051sized.jpg

placed the billet grill in, drilled the holes and test fitted

0058sized.jpg

then taped off the center section

0060sized.jpg

went over it with a red scotch brite pad = to 600 grit sandpaper

0064sized.jpg

two coats of krylon fusion gloss black

0068sized.jpg

dried and tape removed

0069sized.jpg

all finished ready to re-install on the truck

0081sized.jpg

re-assemble grill shell(may want to take the time and clean it well) and step back and enjoy:D

So yeah, sorry for my sloppy typing haha...I'm tired and need to get to bed...I mainly made this for Fairbanks (storlied) and I hope some other people get some help by this...Its really not to bad to install...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gregg
I right clicked on this picture-then left clicked on "copy image location"

then, come back to the thread-click reply and the reply box comes up-toward the top you'll see a yellow stamp with mountains in it-click it. Then, right click in the dialog box which pops up-left click on paste, then let click ok.

picture.php

You can imbed you tube videos in a similar manner-you copy the address bar, then click the you tube thingy beside the mountain stamp, and paste the address into it-

You can imbed you tube videos in a similar manner-you copy the address bar, then click the you tube thingy beside the mountain stamp, and paste the address into it-

Umm...I dont think you guys watch the same kinda videos I do.:p:
Thanks Jon, I learned something new today! This will be very helpful.

The well done for me? Haha? Thank you if so...

Yes sir, that was for you. I like these kind of threads, to help get the ideas stirring about my head.

Gman- yours looks good as well. :thumbsup:

thanks for the great how-to man, i just bought a 2 piece chrome billet set off of ebay for $70, and plan to do this exactly.

thanks for the great how-to man, i just bought a 2 piece chrome billet set off of ebay for $70, and plan to do this exactly.

I will be using my own write up here soon when I have to install mine into a new grill haha! Your Welcome:salute:Cheers!

did you just glue the logo onto the exterior of the billet grill?

do they make em that you can just bolt over, no cutting?

Back