• Register Today It's free!

My camber is in the negative.

muddin420

Reaction score
City, State
redding,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
i have a neg.. camber on my 94 explorer 4x4 listed blew in the pics are the specks that the shop gave me along with a 265.00 price tag , i guess my question is can i fixt this can i fix this problem at home or does it need to go to a shop
ok well i tryed to load up pics but it wont let me
camber spec...
left front:-0.87deg/spec range:-0.25deg/0.75deg
right front:-1.3deg/ spec range:-0.25deg/0.75deg

cross caster spec...
front:1.36deg / spec range is -1.25deg/-0.25deg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know what size shims you have in there now? If they are factory (0 degree) you can just put a 1.25 degree on on the right and a 1 degree on the left you would be within spec.

When my X gets aligned he always tries to set mine at 0 which has worked well for me.

~Mark

edit: Almost forgot, you will need to reset your tow once you mess with the camber.

its all factory
i got it aligned back in june i also had brand new Lt235/75/r15 big o bfat-owl/c 104/101 thats when they told me that my camber was out, now i've also heard that sence my shocks & springs are stock from 94 that they may have warn down from my constance abuse to them that simply replace shocks and springs that it may as well fix it can that be tru

Shocks won't affect ride height, BUT, if your front springs have sagged some, they will change your camber.

You can adjust for the wear by using the camber shims. That is pretty normal. We just did that to our Mustang. At 150k miles the suspension has sagged a little. It lowered enough to give us > -1 degree camber.

If your adventuresome you could play with large washers under the spring to try to lift the front back up some but if your rear has sagged too, its all a crap shoot to try to align it that way especially since your messing with caster then too.

~Mark

Back