My current setup | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Splint333

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hi guys, I've just turned fifteen and gotten my first car (99' Explorer XLT) and put in an aftermarket audio system. Currently I have the interior stripped down to sheet metal minus dashboard and headliner to install sound deadening material (fatmat). Anyways, I was making this thread to work as a build log.

Sound System:

Head Unit: Sony XAV-60 with metra Double Din conversion kit

Door Speakers: 4x Infinity Kappa 682.9cf (100w RMS 300w Peak @ 2.7 ohms)

Subwoofer: 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 in Rockford Fosgate ported tube type enclosure (250w RMS 500w Peak @ 2 ohms)

Amps:
Door Speakers - Boss CX600 amp. (100w x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS 250w x 4 @ 4 ohms Peak)
Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate (200w x 1 @ 2 ohms RMS)
Woring Kits: 2 Boss 8 ga wiring kits with 16 ga speaker wire all around.

I'll realize the pictures are really big but I don't know how to change them.

Anyways, if you need help on how to get panels or seats out, I can probably help somewhat. So, that's all for now, thanks for looking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bhzrs6.jpg

sn0xn6.jpg

2crsujb.jpg

103c22r.jpg

24c9mph.jpg

rjebnc.jpg

I am curious why the amp is mounted to the roof, but I can tell thats going to be a nice setup, I run focals in my doors, and the sound is deafining if cranked to load. Curious about those Infiniy's

Keep up the good work.

I am curious why the amp is mounted to the roof, but I can tell thats going to be a nice setup, I run focals in my doors, and the sound is deafining if cranked to load. Curious about those Infiniy's

Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I put the amp on the roof because I didn't want to lose cargo space, it wouldn't fit under any seat, and when people are looking through windows for something easy to steal, they usually don't check the roof. I also kept the faceplate off the stock radio and put it in front of my Sony when not in use. the infinitys sound pretty nice but I'm sure they're not even close to focals!

nice i like it :D

were did you get the trim for the deck
how much was the amp?
are you going to be doing any sound deadening while its gutted?\
have you thought about using some kind of grommet for the amp on the roof were the wires pass through?

nice i like it :D

were did you get the trim for the deck
how much was the amp?
are you going to be doing any sound deadening while its gutted?\
have you thought about using some kind of grommet for the amp on the roof were the wires pass through?

Thanks!
I got the trim from Ebay.
The amp was around $120.
Fatmatting right now.
Yes, I just havn't found something the right size for it.

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Nice work bud! I havent stripped my eX like that yet. Pretty bad actually, I'm running 3200 RMS of bass with only the stock weather stripping lmao. Ohwell Im planning a new box so I might do most of the deadening when I install it.

Good luck with your install, I'm liking the amp on the roof lol

Nice work bud! I havent stripped my eX like that yet. Pretty bad actually, I'm running 3200 RMS of bass with only the stock weather stripping lmao. Ohwell Im planning a new box so I might do most of the deadening when I install it.

Good luck with your install, I'm liking the amp on the roof lol

It's a pain in the butt putting that stuff in ;). I'll take some pictures once I get it all in. I have one more strip in the front of the cab and the doors left. :D I'm only runing 200w on the sub. Haha, it was given to me. Hopefully I'll be upgrade to 2 12s or 3 10s in the next few months.

I am close on the finishing touches to my Ranger. I put Anarchy 6.5s in the doors which sound great. I have to build the box for my ED e5.10 next. Its gonna be a 1 cu ft ported box tuned to 30 hz. I need to post my build photos. I will as I build the box. It will be down firing.

I am close on the finishing touches to my Ranger. I put Anarchy 6.5s in the doors which sound great. I have to build the box for my ED e5.10 next. Its gonna be a 1 cu ft ported box tuned to 30 hz. I need to post my build photos. I will as I build the box. It will be down firing.

I never got in in to the custom box building. I just buy the enclosed subs with factory boxes and never had a problem. Too much thinking. ;)

Well you ruined my day. Now I have to move my amp to the roof. Never even thought of that. :thumbsup:

Haha, thanks, It's a good space saver if you have a big amp.

I never got in in to the custom box building. I just buy the enclosed subs with factory boxes and never had a problem. Too much thinking. ;)

Haha, thanks, It's a good space saver if you have a big amp.

I wouldn't do it running over 500w.... Explorer roofs are not built strong...

considering your only 15...

I really like the effort your putting into this audio build fella ;) :thumbsup:

the AMP on the roof i think is creative, and an awesome idea - Strong Work !

Back