• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

my explorer draggin vid

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
So I worked on it some more yesterday for a while, I got a huge area of the floor all welded up. Also got new current plates on it. Now I need to....

*Reconnect the shift linkage
*Finnish the firewall
*Rear wheel tubs
*Floor under rear seats w/ seat brackets and maybe an access panel to the bags
*Install fuel cell to its new home and run remote fill hose to the taillight
*Air cylinder on said tail light
*Driveshaft tunnel
*Relocate battery (have 4ga wire for that)
*Run new fuel and brake lines to rear of truck
*Clean up wireing and other BS stuff under the hood (I hate wireing this will be last lol)
*Put interior back in
*figure out what to do with hood that dont shut after body drop. either cut it open, get a cowl hood, or put my M2 front clip on and lower the motor:) said M2 clip will also help with fender clearances

*Then comes the dreaded body work :( lol

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Even though this isn't my cup of tea.. I have to admit.. This is pretty neat. Keep it up.. Fabrication/modification done well, even if it isn't my style is still good.. Heck, my style isn't everyone elses.. We had a lifted Dodge Neon (2") which didn't go over well with the import guys :)

~Mark

racinjason68

Reaction score
City, State
2003 Limited V8 AWD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT '92EB4x '96V8 2wd
once again the quad is apart... should be working on the ex... Would like to trade it for another quad. lol Keep going man. someone has to keep the slam'd 1st gens alive!!!

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
Ok well I spent almost all day sunday on it and the wheel tubs are 3/4 of the way done. I still need to get the automix gun so I can seal them to the quarter panels.

foesicks

Reaction score
City, State
tampa fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer sport
beautifull. now drag the doors off the damn thing

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
lol I thought about dooring it but it would look dumb with the top of the body being so big. But I think when I start on the body work Im ging to plate the rockers pretty thick. :)

Insanejuggalo

Reaction score
City, State
Marshfield Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ford explorer limited
I know this is an old thread but , did you have to do any cutting to the rear doors?

Quiksilver420

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Very cool man! I love it!!! I had a cousin that 4 linked S10's... keep it up!