my explorer draggin vid | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my explorer draggin vid

his front is still not laying out is what he is saying......

j/k

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I worked on it some more yesterday for a while, I got a huge area of the floor all welded up. Also got new current plates on it. Now I need to....

*Reconnect the shift linkage
*Finnish the firewall
*Rear wheel tubs
*Floor under rear seats w/ seat brackets and maybe an access panel to the bags
*Install fuel cell to its new home and run remote fill hose to the taillight
*Air cylinder on said tail light
*Driveshaft tunnel
*Relocate battery (have 4ga wire for that)
*Run new fuel and brake lines to rear of truck
*Clean up wireing and other BS stuff under the hood (I hate wireing this will be last lol)
*Put interior back in
*figure out what to do with hood that dont shut after body drop. either cut it open, get a cowl hood, or put my M2 front clip on and lower the motor:) said M2 clip will also help with fender clearances

*Then comes the dreaded body work :( lol

Heres the pics from yesterday before I finnished welding everything.
small16.JPG

small17.JPG

small18.JPG

Good to see some new pics of the ride! Wish I had new ones.. lol

Even though this isn't my cup of tea.. I have to admit.. This is pretty neat. Keep it up.. Fabrication/modification done well, even if it isn't my style is still good.. Heck, my style isn't everyone elses.. We had a lifted Dodge Neon (2") which didn't go over well with the import guys :)

~Mark

once again the quad is apart... should be working on the ex... Would like to trade it for another quad. lol Keep going man. someone has to keep the slam'd 1st gens alive!!!

Ok well I spent almost all day sunday on it and the wheel tubs are 3/4 of the way done. I still need to get the automix gun so I can seal them to the quarter panels.
normal_small19.jpg

normal_small20.jpg

Dang man! keep going and keep posting you about get me going then bam. nothing for a month... lol

beautifull. now drag the doors off the damn thing

lol I thought about dooring it but it would look dumb with the top of the body being so big. But I think when I start on the body work Im ging to plate the rockers pretty thick. :)

I know this is an old thread but , did you have to do any cutting to the rear doors?

Very cool man! I love it!!! I had a cousin that 4 linked S10's... keep it up!

Back