my Explorer has gone to Explorer Heaven | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my Explorer has gone to Explorer Heaven

mowfixer

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
Well my 99 Sport OHV that ran like a top abd was in good condition has died. Saturday we were in a Lowes store in Sanford, NC when a tornado destroyed the store. My wife and I as well as 100 other people walked out with no injuries due to quick action from Lowes employees, moving us to a safer area.

Well when I got to the front of the store my car had been destroyed. All windows blown out, every inc of the paint look like it was rubbed down with a cinder block, the inside and headliner/dash etc had dirt blasted into the material and a traffic light from the intersection over 300 feet away was on my front seat.

Goodbye:( old friend, I will miss our rides!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well holy ****. That's one hell of a story.
I'm sorry to hear this about your truck, and such a good and nice running truck as well.

So sad. :(

Oh I Forgot

The car next to me blown into the passenger side of my truck and trashed the whole side.

After all this abus, just for kicks I put my key in the ignition and she started up and ran as smooth as ever. RATS!!!

OMG you are really lucky! I saw photos of that store and it was totally demolished! Sorry about the Explorer but you'd better thank God and your angels that you and your wife, and the others, are still here to tell that story !

LowesatSanford041611.jpg

Damn man...glad y'all are safe.....the truck is easily replaceable.....

I'm glad you weren't in the Explorer at the time. You can always get another truck but not another life.

Wow! So glad you are safe. Sorry about the EX.

Sorry about your X, glad all of you folks in the store made it out okay. Look at it this way, this is a good excuse to start another X project!

I was just reading the story on Yahoo!...it was the TOP STORY.

I'm glad everyone is okay.

I work at Home Depot, and there aren't many places in my store that I would like to be, in the event of a Natural Disaster.

Good planning, and quick thinking of the Lowes store DEFINITLY saved some lives.

Explorers are EASY to replace.....People are impossible to replace.

Was your Explorer Red....I circled a Red Explorer with the back hatch open near the front of the parking lot...

And is that 3 Fords destroyed in this pic? Focus, Windstar (?) and an Explorer?

Ryan

Attachments

• LowesatSanford041611.jpg
    LowesatSanford041611.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 390

I was JUST reading the same story on Yahoo, I think that was a Durango;
r4236147123.jpg

Mowfixer, your Ex?
capt.637a30122d98430996ef3f57cd19e0e3-2cc2c9fa90014f938bccfc18717f15c4-0.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your Explorer, however am very glad to hear you and everyone else made it out OK, someone must have been looking out for y'all!

...and the minivan is a Kia Sedona (literally- K-I-A)

what are you all moping about he'll get the insurance money for a new X and we'll get the parts, EVERYBODY WINS. glad your ok... what was the gear ratio?

what are you all moping about he'll get the insurance money for a new X and we'll get the parts, EVERYBODY WINS. glad your ok... what was the gear ratio?

assuming he has full coverage?

sorry about your loss :(

holy smokes! glad your family is safe

Glad to hear that you and your family is OK. Sorry to hear about your truck. It can be replace.

Sorry for the Explorer, but thanks God you were in a safer place!
We're not used to this kind of things here in my country, people cry when cars are hit by hail :/

Anyway, the fact that the engine still answered your call after all of this is simply amazing!

WOW!!! I'm just glad you and your wife are ok!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tornado, yikes, glad you guys are all OK. You'll find another truck.

Back