My Explorer, which I have dubbed the Turtle. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer, which I have dubbed the Turtle.

Here she is. Not too great of a picture, but you get the idea.
n582799331_404583_8795.jpg

No body damage except for some scratches. Plastic is faded to a purple hue on the bumpers, and the pillars are a dark gray.

Here's the stats.
Model: Explorer XLT
Year: 97
Drive: 2wd
Doors: 4
Engine: 4.0L OHV
Gear Ratio: 3.73
Transmission: 5-speed Auto
Audio: AM/FM/Cassette/6CD
Power: Seats, Mirrors, Locks
Color: Emerald Green
Seating: Leather high-back buckets and 60/40 bench.
Tires: Michelin something-or-others
Mileage: 170,240 (at time of picture)

This truck has never been in an accident and has served my family faithfully and reliably for 11 years. Now, it's my turn to enjoy this fantastic vehicle.

More pictures to come as time permits. That picture was taken to use up an old disposable camera.

The only thing wrong with the truck is that the rear cupholders were rather forcefully removed and are nowhere to be found. And the radio refuses to turn off sometimes. Overall, it is a dependable means of transportation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Good thing you named it turtle, and not turdle (jtsmith's truck):p::D

Turdle? Haha. I name it the Turtle because it's green, slow, and has a high risk of rollover.

That's pretty good!

I'm planning on repainting all the tupperware. I recall that the person who posted the how-to painted the lettering on his door sill silver. I think that's a great idea. I'm also thinking about saving up for a fresh coat of paint (not my doing of course), because 11 years of gas-station carwashes are showing now. There's scratches everywhere and swirl marks too. Plus, it's lost its factory brilliance. I hand washed it a few months ago and the chenille on the sponge started sticking to the paint. :( I'm assuming that means it needs a nice cleaning and wax (correct me if I'm wrong).

welcome and nice x u got there as well

Nice explorer. Get a clay bar on that thing to smooth out the paint by removing all sorts of tiny debris. After that everything should be smooth and it will be easier to wash/wax.

hell yeah i see u like the lakers thats my favorite basketball team and my favorite football team is the oakland raiders

Actually, the Lakers plate is my dad's. I like 'em too though. :)

Here's some more pictures I took the day I got my license, now I can drive 'er wherever I want!

100_6098.jpg

Here's the back, it was raining when I took this one.

100_6099.jpg

Lovely...

100_6102.jpg

171,501 miles!

100_6108.jpg

40% of my backseat...lol.

100_6110.jpg

Spotless headliner!

Back