My First Car!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V8Trac

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited V8
I recently turned 16 and my parents bought me a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8. I am a car person but I do not know too much about these trucks.

I'm posting this in hope's that I can get tips and just be a bit more knowledgeable on what I own.

20190110_093410.jpg
20190110_093352.jpg

Hope you have a great day!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking Trac. I suggest purchasing some recovery gear (tow straps, tracks, small shovel) BEFORE actually needing them. ;)

Congratulations! I remember the thrill of buying my first car. Take tons of pictures of it. I wish I had pictures of my first car (1967 Mustang). Heck, I wish I still had that Mustang!

Be sure to check out the Sport Trac Website at https://www.sporttrac.org/, and also the Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owners Group on Facebook. There are good people on those sites with tons of experience and advice about Sport Tracs.

Good looking truck.
Things are going to come up as they always do. Don't sweat the small stuff. There is so much expertise on this as well as other sites as mentioned. There are alot of videos on YouTube that are quite helpful. The 4.6, 3 valve motor is the same engine family as the 5.4, 3 valve motor so, for the most part, if it works on the 5.4 it will be the same on a 4.6. The trickiest thing will be the spark plugs. Not that they are hard to change but they can be. There are videos you can watch and will help you understand more. When you change them buy a good aftermarket 1 piece plug. You'll be happier in the long run. Make sure you buy plugs for your 07 and not just plugs for a 4.6.
And welcome to the forum.

Nice nice truck. Lucky you. My first car was a '55 Mercury, with all the negative aspects available back then: 6-volt system, generator instead of alternator, vacuum operated windshield wipers, but I loved the car to hell! Until I wrecked it after it got updates: 430 Lincoln Engine, 4-speed, 4.57 gears, wild car for a foolish young man. Don't get that way, OK? imp

Nice truck. Congrats! What are your plans for it?

Good lookin truck man, congrats on your first vehicle. The V8’s are the ones to have...
If you don’t know the vehicle history and depending on the mileage it’s not a bad idea to do a tune up, filters, fluids and a radiator flush would be a good start.

Back