My First Explorer, 2000 EB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

As per the instructions above here's the info:
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0
I'm from Parsons KS and you can contact me easily through a PM here.

Well, they aren't good pics. They were provided by the seller using a cell phone. But this is my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. I am going to "visit" it today at the sellers house and pull the radiator. My next day off I get to install a new one (would do them both today, but had to order the radiator). Jon (Turdle) has already provided me with the link to the radiator replacement thread. (Thanks again Jon)

Mods will be slow due to funding and the need to finish putting an engine in my other vehicle (seen below). Probably just go with exhaust and slightly more aggresive tires when funds allow. Any suggestions for basic upgrades? LOL I'm a seasoned Veteran with Thunderbirds, but a newbie with Explorers.

Explorer01.jpg

Explorer02.jpg

Explorer03.jpg

Explorer04.jpg

Explorer05.jpg

Explorer06.jpg

Explorer07.jpg

My other vehicle can be seen here:

GT_Touched_SM.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a plan. I have tried all kinds of... err.... redneck ways to at least slow the leak to no avail. If need be would the engine be for sale without the tranny and transfer case? Trying to cut costs where I can. Oh.. and my PM box is empty now.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well its nice to see another tbird guy on here. I have 2 explorers and 3 super coupes.

Awesome! I always wanted a supercoupe but the Explorer and the PI swapped Tbird keep me busy enough. LOL

Well if u missed the other thread, the exhaust is fixed. Still has two broken studs but no leaks. Got a receiver hitch mounted on.it.. so I am all caught up on repairs. :) Now to start mods. I'm wanting to get a nice sounding exhaust system.. :)

LoL well the hitch bolted up beautifully. Sadly I wasn't smart enough to check that before removing parts and bolts that didn't need to be removed so I spent a lot of time fixing mistakes as well as mounting the hitch. But it looks great, thanks again for going above and beyond.
I'll be sure and check that link out.

Got another repair done, replaced the u-joints on the rear driveshaft. Corrected a clicking noise while accelerating, and a growling noise at highway speeds. The old ones were worn out AND dry, dusty, rusty... I'll do the front one shortly just in case, but its not making any complaints yet.

Next step towards the Explorer being more than a tall station wagon. I ordered a set of Mickey Thompson STZ tires. 265/70/16s. Can't wait to see how they look. I'll post pics when they are mounted.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Next step towards the Explorer being more than a tall station wagon. I ordered a set of Mickey Thompson STZ tires. 265/70/16s. Can't wait to see how they look. I'll post pics when they are mounted.

Cool! Get those things mounted so we can see 'em:thumbsup:

Ok, got em mounted and got some pics taken. But everything is running SLOW... this could take a while.

IMG_20140630_144217_zps3b3a77b3.jpg

well gotta head off to work... more later.

One more little thing that...well... I like.

I got a grill guard and set of lights mounted. The lights aren't as nice as I'd like but that can be changed when funds and time allow.

DCP_2952_zps3811dd46.jpg

DCP_2951_zpsf831791e.jpg

One other thing.. A while back I had the truck in the garage (was replacing a REALLY worn right rear brake rotor) and got to wondering just how bad the "gangster lean" was. So when I finished the job, I removed the jack stands and placed a smaller floor jack under the left leaf spring bracket(?) (the thing that the spring and the shocks are mounted to) I then lifted it until a level I had placed on the rear bumper was centered.

DCP_2949_zps7b58d350.jpg

It took this much "lift" to center the bubble

DCP_2943_zpsbbb50b68.jpg

While that may not be the most scientific (LoL or accurate) way to measure it seems I've got a lot more "tilt" than I want. What do you think? if I just twist one torsion bar more than the other can that be corrected?

yes.
If the driver side front is lifted up the rear passenger side will come down a bit. However this might mess with the camber angle.

Did you ever replace the rear shocks with the load helpers? Did you get my PM? That might be a good time to try to tackle it.

Nope, haven't picked up the shocks yet. Been looking at shackles though.
As far as the camber goes, I think the truck needs an alignment anyway. I'll get it lifted (either with shocks, shackles, or both) and then get the alignment.

Got the coilover Monroe's for the back. Probably put them on this weekend. Got the exhaust done yesterday and picked up a Tcase and front dshaft in joplin for 130.

We'd love to go. But I have to work that weekend and we're on a tight budget. Maybe if I stop buying truck parts and get someone to trade weekends.... hmmm. Just don't know.
The Tcase swap... unknown. Got a great deal on the case and front shaft, still need a rear shaft, shifter, and the misc parts. Parsons salvage has a rear shaft but they want 75 for it. Seems high after paying 30 for the front. And speaking of the front... should it have 2 u-joints or a u-joint and a CV joint?

It should have 2 u joints and a slip yoke. U joint size for the rear shaft are 330 and 331

You will also need a conversion joint for the front diff. Remove one of the flat flanges from the short end of the f150 front shaft and run the slip yoke toward the front.

Must be the right one. It has two u-joints. It definitely needs new ones. They and the fluid and the conversion joint all fall under the "misc items" I have yet to get. Keep an eye out for a cheaper rear shaft. Hate getting a great deal on one only to get screwed on the other.

Must be the right one. It has two u-joints. It definitely needs new ones. They and the fluid and the conversion joint all fall under the "misc items" I have yet to get. Keep an eye out for a cheaper rear shaft. Hate getting a great deal on one only to get screwed on the other.

75 local is not bad deal. I paid 90 for one once.

So, you can get screwed for 15.00 less than I did. :D

Back