My front sway bar endlinks are different than stock, so is say bar... need endlinks.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My front sway bar endlinks are different than stock, so is say bar... need endlinks..

94exploderblues

Reaction score
City, State
omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer sport
Ok, i have a 1992 explorer with front say bar, previous owner said 1 link broke so they took the other one out and tied up the say bar to prevent rattling... Now the stock sway bar end link at the parts store is a dogbone with a bushing on each end, my brackets that are on the front axle will accept them but the sway bar has a hole like a standard gm sway bar that has the end links with the threaded part and a bushing that installs on the top and bottom with a washer/bushing/sway bar/bushing/washer/nut..... I dont know what to do... im tired of body rolling around corners like crazy... just bought new shocks for the truck and ould like to fix this as well... may have to get another sway bar to fix this.... anybody else had this problem?

Unbelievable someone would "tie up" a sway bar to avoid buying a $15 part, especially one that makes so much of a difference in the handling of the vehicle.

Always replace suspension components in pairs. Look at the link on the other side that is still there to see how its put together, and buy a new pair.

Back