my junk on 1 ton blah blah blah | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my junk on 1 ton blah blah blah

been functional since sept '03 I've still got a few things I want to do, but I'll take care of them one at a time (basically I get motivated to work on the next project 3 days before a trip haha)

most of the specs are in my sig :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice work. Glad you are sharing with this board. Looks like you have alot to offer us. :chug:

Wow, thats sweet! But, does it spend any time on the rubber side? ;) :p

Best ramp shot I've ever seen!!! And I love that front axle nerf bar, what a great idea! :chug:

RangerX said:
And I love that front axle nerf bar, what a great idea! :chug:

It's the mount for my hydraulic cylinder and it was intended to protect the cylinder... so kinda I guess.

front4.JPG

that's awesome! i love the RTI ramp shot too! :thumbsup:

sounds like a special you would hear on fox tv network

WHEN RTI RAMPS ATTACK!

lookin good man. by good i mean ugly, but still wicked sweet!

That's just awesome!

if you wanna go callin that a ranger, go right ahead :p

wicked sweet ride

Sweet! I like the Link on the front end. Like Walker Evans had on his S10. A link from the front. Looks like there is alot of innovation and good ideas on that front end

Did anybody see the rock lights in the front crossmember? That is cool too. Do you use that front link for a 2" receiver? Why?

Kirby N. said:
Did anybody see the rock lights in the front crossmember? That is cool too. Do you use that front link for a 2" receiver? Why?

yeah good safe place to put the rock lights.

that front link isn't really like walkers, that one was done as a wishbone and his suspension was a true 3 link.

I have custom radius arms with one side wristed. my front A link thing has a slip joint with the two diff pieces of square tube, since it only has to locate the front axle laterally (like a trac bar)

OK I understand. I have never seen one of those before. It looks like it works pretty good.

SWEEET Rig!!! Nice pics keep them coming!

The first set of pics, the last two are those taken in Hollister? Last one looks like tank trap!

OKay what is still stock? Some sheet metal, 4.0L and tranny? I see the exhaust looks stock to a point. Anything else?

Looks kick ass! I was surprised to see you are still leafs in the back, but with a trac bar?

Yeah the last pics in the first set were at hollister, the one is in tank trap like you thought :D

stock? haha yeah all that, the frame and um the steering wheel :p

the rear with leafs does fine, overhang sucks a lil bit though. got a anti-wrap bar that WORKS, had to destroy one first to find the right setup though.

probably will become a four seater with a 4-link this winter... need some more seats, I have a son now :D :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still cool. I like it with a roof and a cab though! That is a Dana 60 you broke?

Back