My new 32's(on 20's) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new 32's(on 20's)

here are my new wheel and tires. The wheels are 20x8.5 with +35mm offset. The tires are 275/55/20 Goodyear Wranglers... soon to be replaced with 285/50/20 BFG All Terrain:) The only rubbing issue is on the sway bar at full lock that plagues every Explorer with non-stock wheel/tires. I will get some "before" pictures posted soon.

Attachments

• Picture 096-1.JPG
    Picture 096-1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Picture 095-1.JPG
    Picture 095-1.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Picture 094-1.JPG
    Picture 094-1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,329

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it! Mainly because it's out of the norm.
I bet for that same reason, people here don't like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, looks good now IMO.

Right now I'm running 31x10.5 yokohama geolander A/T II's on my stock rims and it looks good but I really want a 20" rim with something close to a 32x11.5 A/T and a 2-3" lift. ;)

3" body lift... wheel spacers... and 33x13.50r20 iroks they are only like $215 a tire. won't find a cheaper tire and won't find a more aggressive tire for yer 20" rim that'll work for yer truck.

Anyone want to do the body lift for me? Then I would sell these wheels and go for 285/75/16 on my stock wheels.

don't do that! lift it, keep the 20's space them out a bit... i think it would look awesome with some swampers on big rims. u go back to stock rims with regular tires and u lose that uniqueness it has. definitely not something u see every day. talk about standing out from the ordinary. i jus wanna see it cuz think it would look good.

^^I totally agree. Keep the 20s and get a nice set of agressive tires to go with them. It'll look awesome. :cool:

What do you think of this.... I have mad Paint skills:)

Attachments

• low.JPG
    low.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 656

NO :thumbdwn: wrong direction man... please try again ;)

abort abort!

Boooooooooo!

justin146 said:
offroad, but with larger than normal wheels. I have a 32" spare that is going on the rack along with the 6 Hella light I have been too lazy to mount for 6 months now. I am going to face 4 to the front, 2 to the back. I dont think it looks "street" at all... Those tires are pretty big for a streeter, and the lift doesnt help the street image either.

Remember this post :rolleyes:

haha.... yeah, I could never do the lowered thing. I am looking into a 4 inch Trailmaster lift. Then I would go with the 33" Swamper Iroks. But my Dixon Brothers front bumper is coming first. What color do think my tube bumper should be? I was thinking about getting it painted in the same metallic-grey that my fender flares are. Either this, or spraying it in the same bedliner my interior pieces are coated in.

also, I wish there was a "bolt on" SAS kit for Explorers. I would order it right now. I have a set of Unimog axles I swiped off of eBay a few years ago that would be perfect.

Just paint the bumper black (or black bedliner). It'll go good with the rims.

Even if there was a bolt on SAS kit, it probably wouldn't be for mog axles, seeing as they're not the most common thing to swap in an Explorer. :p

j602 said:
Just paint the bumper black (or black bedliner). It'll go good with the rims.

Even if there was a bolt on SAS kit, it probably wouldn't be for mog axles, seeing as they're not the most common thing to swap in an Explorer. :p

I just want a kit that gets the mounts under there, either leaf mounts or coil buckets and trailing arms. As long as I had the springs under there, I could handle the rest. Just imagine the ground clearance using these axles with some 35's.

its been done.. Do a search..

splodo49 said:
its been done.. Do a search..

What do you mean? So you are saying a bolt-on kit exists?

Sorry no bolt on kit. I meant mog axles..

Back