Photos - Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Thanks and yes I did make it. I wanted it to look clean and simple but it's a serious bumper! It has a class 3 hitch fully welded inside between the frame mounts and to the top plate. I tow with it quite a bit and it's rock solid.

4406 swap is completely worth it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

photo3_zpsb14bbaec.jpg

photo5_zps98cbdb31.jpg

4406 swap is completely worth it!

I know I have rode in v8boatbuilder's mounty with the 4406 and 4:56 gears! She is an animal! I have everything except for having the rear shaft cut down and re welded. I have to install it before I can get an accurate measurement.

I know I have rode in v8boatbuilder's mounty with the 4406 and 4:56 gears! She is an animal! I have everything except for having the rear shaft cut down and re welded. I have to install it before I can get an accurate measurement.

Oh man gears would be nice!

4406 is really nice. I especially like the low range gear reduction for compression braking. The low range combined with the first gear in the 4R70W also means that if you don't have enough power to move over something than you better not try it. Something is going to break ;)

Exactly! I have the stock 4:10's in mine with a locker and it's more than enough for me and what I do. I can't wait to get it done then start on the front bumper...

IMG_20130926_175614_870.jpg

Roof Rack is on...

IMG_20131001_184815_914.jpg

ExplorerTint.jpg

Very nice Windsor! I've seen pics of it before and always liked it, very cleanly done!

Exactly! I have the stock 4:10's in mine with a locker and it's more than enough for me and what I do. I can't wait to get it done then start on the front bumper...

Did you do the V8 swap yourself ?

I see you have a roof top tent. What brand and do you like it? I've been looking for one and don't know which one...

I love it man, I live in vancouver and we camp all year round, many times in the rain and its completely water proof. its easy to setup/take down and stores all the bedding inside it when closed. The one I have is a CVT Mount Bachelor http://www.cascadiatents.com/ , the owner of the company is Bobby Culpepper and is he such a nice guy, definitely give him a call or email to inquire more. I'd suggest getting the one with the 3 foot over hang

Yes sir I did!

Tcase swap should be a piece of cake! Hardest part was man handling the tcase in there! ended up getting a buddy to help, we made sure to get it on the output shaft first then rotated it into position. I wonder how much room you have with the gas tank even though its smaller.

Tcase swap should be a piece of cake! Hardest part was man handling the tcase in there! ended up getting a buddy to help, we made sure to get it on the output shaft first then rotated it into position. I wonder how much room you have with the gas tank even though its smaller.

Vroomzoomboom is the only one I've seen in person that has it in a 2dr and while it is tight it fits pretty good! I know it's not gonna be hard I just can't find the motivation! Lol when it was my daily driver I had to jump on things and get them done so I could get to work. Now I have a beater so no more rushing...

Vroomzoomboom is the only one I've seen in person that has it in a 2dr and while it is tight it fits pretty good! I know it's not gonna be hard I just can't find the motivation! Lol when it was my daily driver I had to jump on things and get them done so I could get to work. Now I have a beater so no more rushing...

I placed my shift nob on my desk so I saw it everyday :p:

Speaking of Shift Knobs lol

IMG_20130605_212813_812.jpg

IMG_20131005_173416_zps751464fa.jpg

IMG_20130423_205505_zps958deed3.jpg

IMG_20130525_225755_zpsc170b1e1.jpg

IMG_20130927_190125_zps29741d16.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dirt Junky, those lights behind your grille look ####ing incredible! Please tell me how you did it!

Back