My pics work! Here's my 98 with Baja Claws, lifted, & winch! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My pics work! Here's my 98 with Baja Claws, lifted, & winch!

Here are a few before photos:

View

View

And here is after, with a 2 inch body lift, custom built rear shackles, an S-9000 Superwinch, and 31X11.50X16R Baja Claws!

View

I need to get some paint that matches the running boards and paint that Ultra Red roller fairlead on the winch!
View

View

View

Hope you guys like it!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking truck Brian.

oooh, those new tires look beefy man. I was hoping to put some BFG ATs on mine when I got my tires.. but, well the michelins were free :p nice lookin, watch out for that winch tho.. it looks like you added a foot on to the length of your truck :)

Looks great Brain and the tires look bad ass

Brian,
truck looks tuff, looks better and better everytime u put up a new photo. im jealous now, always wanted a set of Mickey Thompson tires. looks downright mean. how do they handle on pavement?
Rick

Thanks guys!

Dark Fox,

The winch does stick out quite a bit, but that is because the mount is one I designed for my F-150. I plan to shorten it up about 5 inches which will basically rest the back of the winch against (not literally) the push bars on my brush guard. That, and like I said, I plan to paint the roller fairlead the same color as my running boards. I'll post new pics when it's done.

Rick,

I haven't heard from you in a while! Did you get my E-mails? The tires ride really well on the street, which was a surprise! I'm glad I got those.

Brian8,

Thanks for the compliments!

Just for 95Go Off Road!

Sorry man!

Didn't mean to leave you out! Thanks for the compliments! By the way, are ALL you guys going to Attica?

that truck looks better every time i see it! keep up the great work, man.

To Dr Moore and Splashman

Thanks guys! As we all know, these are never ending projects that will never be 'Finished', but I sure love the challenge of trying!

i don't know how much good those lights are going to do behind the winch, though. lol!

Doh!!!

Good eye Dr. Moore. I actually had those on prior to mounting the winch, so I have to relocate them to the top of that bar. If it ain't onr thing, it's another!

sorry,brian... just picking on you! i think the truck looks great! those tires are completely awesome looking!

Target for being picked on!

I know you were just pickin'! Gotta love the rubbing we all get from one another! Who was it that said, "Why's everybody always pickin' on me?" LOL!

Nice Truck

That is sure a real piece of work you got there. Love them tires especially. Only have on question for your you. How do those tires sound and feel on the roads and highways? Do they make a lot of noise and vibrations? Again, real nice truck.

Tire noise

Originally posted by Sherwood
That is sure a real piece of work you got there. Love them tires especially. Only have on question for your you. How do those tires sound and feel on the roads and highways? Do they make a lot of noise and vibrations? Again, real nice truck.

Sherwood,

I notice this is your first post, so let me begin by welcoming you to the best Explorer site on the web! You will find everything under the sun here and meet all sorts of great people, too!

The tires aren't nearly as loud as I expected them to be. Make no mistake though, you won't soon forget they are there. They have decent HUM to them, but not so loud that you can't put up the window and turn on the radio (to a low level, not blaring) and you won't hear them much. They drive exceptionally well on the pavement. The only drawback I see is there weight, which slightly diminishes your braking distance. But overall, I love these tires! Would I get them again? Yes, but only if they are radials instead of bias ply. Radials will last longer on the pavement.

Thanks again for your compliments, and I hope to see your truck pictures soon!

Also, there is going to be a trail run starting April 20th in Attica, Indiana. If you are interested, you can use the search engine on this site to find out information about the run. We should have a lot of people attending and it will be a blast! They have trails for all types of vehicles from stock to radically modified and everything in between. Hope you can make it.

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks Brian

Thanks for the info and welcome Brian. I really appreciate the advice and help. I'm looking into getting a lift kit for my truck and some larger tires but not sure what I will go with yet. I dont think I want to go any taller just a little wider. I dont want to get radicle on it. Just a little dune runnin maybe. My truck is bone stock besides some seat covers right now but like I said. Im looking into getting a lift kit and some larger tires and maybe a K & N filter and who knows what else. Well, thanks again. Hope to have the results on here sometime this summer.

Sherwood

Sounds like you have a lot of plans! Hope you get everything you want for it. If you run into any problems or just have questions, I'll be happy to help! I just put a K&N filter in mine and you can really tell a difference. You won't be disappointed! Good luck!

Back