My Pretty Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Pretty Eddie Bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy Cow, it looks awsome! How much $ if you dont mind me asking was it a investment? Ive got a 92 Eddie and its awaiting X-mas presents :D . Well, its looking awsome, thats for shure :eek:.

PS. Maybe some Specs. Lift, Tire Size, Ect.

Thanks,

Compared to the other nuts on the board (myself included) I have not spent that much. I'm a cheep *******..

Lift: 120.00
Body Lift 60.00
Roof rack 60.00
Flares: 125.00
Paint: 320.00 < 2 gals PPG Mil Spec OUCH!
Paint labor: 200.00 (Stripped and prepped myself)
Rear axle: boneyard 280.00
Grill: boneyard 50.00
Kris G's bumpers 70.00
Some cans of flat black krylon 25.00

Pissing off the neighbors as it is in compliance with the CC&R's !!!!! PRICELESS :D :D :D

RE: your PS.
Lift is a 2" Skyjacker
BL is a 2" Rough Country
Tires TOO SMALL 31x10.5 bfg
Axle 3.75 LS '93 Sport

Well.....my wife recently had a baby....:eek:

Seriously, old picture, Florida humidity in the morning. Had the windows tinted a couple of weeks ago. Will replace it with another pretty pic.

In Reply to your cheap basterd comment.
----------------------------------------------------
Dont we all wish we were!

It really does look fanstastic.

Was that a Tire Package? Tire&Rims

I just went to Tire Kingdom and picked up some BFG's and then later some 32.00 American Racing "Nascar Series" rims. Cheap and not fancy... :cool:

Originally posted by Hank
I just went to Tire Kingdom and picked up some BFG's and then later some 32.00 American Racing "Nascar Series" rims. Cheap and not fancy... :cool:
Am I the only one that finds it funny that "Nascasr Series" rims are basically the same as Rock Crawlers?:D

Two automobiles at basically the opposite ends of the spectrum use the same wheels!

Robb

edit: Whoops! Completely forgot. THE TRUCK LOOKS GREAT HANK!!!

Hank

Congrats on the new baby!, and glad to see flexplorers back. I have really great response on the bushings, think I have my brother in-law thinking of purchasing them from you, down side is I have to install them.lol
Anyway ex looking good, I took your advice from another post and went the coil route as opposed to the spacers, I like the coils better, but man what a camber adjustment:eek: One last comment, I am also cheap, all my parts came used.lol

Where did you get the flares? who makes em? how wide? dats a phat paint job man wish the wife would let me do that (evil grin)!!

Where did you find bushwacker flares that cheep-> I am kinda cheep too. Sorry, but I like the truck, hate the paint:( I do like the idea, maybe it is just too light. (RangerX's seems darker) Looks like you work hard on it- how about some helpful cheep hints?

I think you should make it look more authetic and add some bullet holes :D Actually I saw a pickup truck like that totally camoflauged and the holes must have been put there on purpose.

Sorry it took a bit to get back to the board, I was away for a while.

Gimp!, long time. How have you been!

Re: Flares They are bushwackers. Got a steal on them. A guy on e-bay was selling a bunch of old inventory and listed them wrong. He did not put Explorer anywhere in the description. Had to cross item numbers in the photo to bushwacker site

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I need to get a current picture up as the windows are tinted and lighs are on.

Next step is fabbing front an rear bumpers and rock sliders. Looks like I may be getting my hands on a complete 4x drivetrain. Tranny back!! 4x conversion some time early '03

Hank looks great, but I agree you need bigger tires. Wher did you get the roof rack for so cheap?

Damark catalog, a few years back.

Awesome job Hank. A man after my own heart. Do you know what the difference between your paint and the military's CARC paint? I always though it would be cool to paint a wheel'n vehicle with it. Don' t have to worry about scratches!!

LINUX RULES! ;)

My stuff is from PPG, it meets mil specs for color but just "regular" paint. CARC is evil nasty expensive stuff but sure is tough...

"Geek by birth, linux by choice"

Back