Co-moderator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 F150 XLT 4x4
:( Sold it yesterday. Sad to see it go but I think it will have a good home. it was an absolutely trouble free vehicle I'm proud to say. My transportation needs have changed and I had to adapt. I'm getting the old 94 F150 4x4 shaped up for "truck" duty, now to find the right family cruiser. Love to have another P71 but will probably end up with a Taurus/Sable/Five Hundred/Fusion/IDK. The Trac is gone but I'll be hanging around here, bwahahaha! My plate is pretty full right now so i haven't posted much but I'm checking in on you rowdys for sure.:shifty_ey

I'll have some goodies to turn loose of also so once I round them all up I'll pop them on here rof elas.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steve, thanks for all you wisdom and help over the years. I hope everything works out for you finding a new family ride. Hope your wife is doing better, Carol asked how both of you are doing just the other day. Hope you still visit us every now and then.

Always sad to see a good one go......

Thanks for all the knowledge and help over the years. Sad to see you get rid if the Trac.

Steve, where you going to find a four door Ranchero? ;) Was looking at my old '79 Ranchero specs and was surprised to find these three things. I remember my 1979 (Gen 7) Ranchero being HUGE and under powered, but are these specs accurate? Can't seem to find them anywhere else. And BTW, thanks for everything, you definitely ARE the ST guru! :thumbsup:

ST V6 SOHC 210 HP (245 CID) vs. '79 Ranchero V8 OHV 162 HP (351CID)
ST Curb Weight 4200-4500 lbs. vs. Ranchero 3700 lbs.
ST Wheelbase 126" vs. Ranchero 118"

www.packautomotivemuseum.com/c75.html

Thanks guys, my Trac is gone but I'm not. This IS by far the best site/forum and the best bunch of members out there!:thumbsup::D

Steve, those land yacht Ranchero's weren't the most powerful machines but sure were a comfort boat. I actually have a brand new 302/AOD out of a '79 that was totaled on a car carrier. It has 7 miles on it. :D THIS 67 belongs to a friend and is a really sweet ride. It actually belonged to a relative (in stock form) and of course it does have some of my parts on it. LOL!

hope you get a nice upgrade to your trac, steve. Glad you're still sticking around, you've probably forgot more than some of us ever knew about our trucks :)

Sad to see a Trac go but glad you'll still be around. How else would we keep our Sport Tracs on the road? :D

Back