• Register Today It's free!

Need 97 OHV Engine Pics

stkline81

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT V6 OHV
I just finished replacing the head gaskets on my 97 ohv & am having problems getting everything back in where it belongs. I find a few poor quality pictures on Google. Can one of you with this engine take a few pictures from different angles & email them to me? My email is stkline81(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone? This is my only car to get to work at this point because my wife needs the other car to take the kids to school, doctors appts, & other things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help Mike!

you get pictures? i can run outside and take some in the dark

you get pictures? i can run outside and take some in the dark

I did, thanks! Do you know if yours has 2 coolant temp sensors? I snapped the right one off replacing the head gaskets & I'm still not getting the needle on the dash to show the engine warming up. Not sure if the 2 sensors are different or not...

I did, thanks! Do you know if yours has 2 coolant temp sensors? I snapped the right one off replacing the head gaskets & I'm still not getting the needle on the dash to show the engine warming up. Not sure if the 2 sensors are different or not...

there are 2 because one tells the pcm the coolant temp and one works the temp gauge. the one for the pcm is a sensor and the one for the gauge is a sender. usually the sender only has one wire and the sensor has two wires, but if the sender isn't screwed into metal it needs to have a ground wire too.

I just put a new thermostat in after it overheated but before changing the head gaskets. It was a failsafe though which I've read a lot of poor reviews on today. I just ordered a thermostat on Amazon today so I'll see if that fixes the P0125 code.

Back