Need factory changer for 2000 XLT

fgump

Reaction score
City, State
Apex, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Found a changer...thanks!

Okay, I've searched through all the threads in this section, trying to find out what I need to install the factory Clarion CD changer in the center console of my 2000 XLT. I have premium sound (AM/FM/CASS/CD), but no changer in the console. I have read that there are all sorts of different part numbers for the changer, and I've seen that I may need a harness to tie back into the head unit.

So...

Can anyone help with the exact part numbers of CD changer and harness required for a 2000 XLT? I've seen a couple of changers on ebay, and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one.

Thanks for the help.

Bill B.
'00 XLT 4x4
bone stock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got the factory changer and console mounting bracket out of my '99. $100 and I'll even pay shipping, Let me know.

Changer part #: F8VF-18C830-AE
Center console bracket part #: F87X-19A028-AAW

Here are some pics:
110246_40_full.jpg

110246_39_full.jpg

Not sure, but I don't think that'll work for me. I want to make sure I use the exact one for my model. If it turns out yours will work, I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks.

Bill

Check this site out:

Dead Link Removed

Thanks...I had seen that earlier, but I still couldn't decipher exactly what I needed from that list. I see that ST-6, XU3F-18C829-CA, YU3F-18814-FA, and ST-6harness-special all say they'll work with a radio with the CD button, but there are a ton on ebay for way cheaper. I'd just like to know if someone out there knows exact part number for the changer.

Our other car is a BMW 525i, and there is software available to list out every part number that is on the car, all options included, and I guess I thought Ford might have the same software available to folks. Guess not.

Thanks again, though.

Bill

I just called my local ford dealer's parts department, and asked for the part number for the 6 disk changer for a '00 XLT, they gave me XW1Z-18D806-AA

They also said that the changer I have is the same one used through 2000. She said that the numbers on the parts are manufacturing numbers, which have an equivalent ford part number. You could always call your local Ford dealer and verify.

Just called my local dealer, and got a number of F8VZ-18C833-AA for a 2000 XLT.

Does anyone know the definitive answer on whether all these numbers are interchangeable? This numbering system is mind-boggling!!

Bill

Ok, I think one of our local parts departments is screwed up. I called my local dealer again with your number and this is what I got

F8VZ-18C833-AA is the actual part number for the magazine that hold the CDs not for the changer it self.

F8VF-18C830-AE is a engineering number which equates to a XW1Z-18D806-AA part number. This is the # for all changers used in Explorers from 9/30/98 -> 6/28/01

I've got a head ache now!!

Thanks for all your legwork, David. Would you take $90 for the changer, mounting bracket, and cartridge, all shipped to Apex, NC (just outside Raleigh)?

I'm trying now to figure out what harness I need, and how many arms and legs that will cost.

Let me know if you want to make a deal.

Thanks again.

Bill

What is you zip code? I'll take $90 for the changer if you pay shipping, should be less than $10, unless you want priority. You'll get everything changer, console bracket, and cartridge, I'll even look around to see if I've got the original screws I took out.

Less make a deal, I want to get rid of this thing.

Thanks

I'll email you specifics. Thanks for working with me on this. I'm assuming the unit was working when removed? How long did you have it in service?

Bill

I bought the X in Aug-Sep of 2000 used the changer and factory deck for about 3 days before replacing everything with my current system. At the time of removal everything worked great, and since it was removed it has been sitting on my closet shelf.

DONE DEAL!! THANKS BIGTIGEXPLORER

Thanks for your help and service. I look forward to installing it soon!

Bill

Back