Installing new headunit, can't figure out the cd changer wire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing new headunit, can't figure out the cd changer wire

coliniscool

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Im trying to install the new headunit in my 97 xlt, and i want to still use the cd changer in the middle consol, but the wiring harness i bought from frys eolectronics does not have a corresponding wire for it. the panasonic headunit has the wire for the cd changer, but not the wiring harness. the wiring harness is a metra 95-99 harness with premium sound, but the diagram doesnt show the cd changer wire, please help!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't use the stock changer with an aftermarket HU.

OK, i guess its just as well, I would end up using the better cd player in the actual HU only anyway. Does anyone know of a good cd changer that fits in the center consol that is anygood? maybe by JVC or something???

get a match it makes life much easier

Unfortunately the Ipod looks like the coming standard. There will be interfaces for it I bet, for just about anything.
I finally found the Phatbox last year that I was looking for. I found the Ford version, which connects to the factory connector. It has 20GB or more of storage, and a docking unit to load on a PC. They used to retail for over $700, so the Ipod is quickly turning into a bargain. Good luck,
Don

Back