NEED HELP! 06 Ford Explorer V6 - Trans cooler line connector replacement on radiator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEED HELP! 06 Ford Explorer V6 - Trans cooler line connector replacement on radiator

ANagy

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
I had the original radiator replaced with a GPD (Global Parts Distributors) last Sept. by a friend. The trans cooler lines are now leaking at the connectors. I bought a couple of Dorman double o ring connectors to replace what's on the after-market radiator. The Dorman has a 1.5 thread pitch like the original Ford factory radiator. GPD can't tell me what their thread pitch is but say they include a thread adapter with the radiator which I promptly tossed back in September. No need to add more mystery items to the mix if you can't find em if you ever needed them, right? Conveniently, GPD does not sell the thread adapter separately.

Does anyone else sell something like that? I don't want my mechanic to have to come back from over an hour away in case the thread pitch is 1.25 female on the radiator instead of the 1.5 on the Dorman connector.
So I guess I'm looking to adapt 1.25 female to 1.5 female thread pitch (if needed).

Back