Wanted - Need help from an 01-04 Sport trac owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Need help from an 01-04 Sport trac owner

Parts or services wanted

luv2hike27

Reaction score
City, State
New Whiteland, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT 4x4 V6
Hi, I am picking up my New 2010 Sport trac saturday. I want to buy one of the shelves that your visors mount to but they dont make em for mine. They still have some in stock for the 01-04 Sport tracs. I was told by there customer service that I need to measure my truck in 2 places and I also need this measurement from an 01-04 Sport trac. Then can tell me if it will work on mine and what modifications I would need to do.

This is the shelf I am wanting

http://www.jcwhitney.com/shelf-it-overhead-storage-shelf/p2017549.jcwx?filterid=j2

I know no one around here with an 01-04 let alone any others.

I need the measurement at the center to center of the holes where the sun visors go into the headliner-roof ( drivers side to passenger side) and also the driver side to passenger side measurement from the pillars where the roof meets the pillars anyones help will be greatly appreciated!!! :feedback:

Thanks tons! Mike in Indiana

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shelf like that will block the interior lights and remote control door and sunglass door.

It has a factory sunroof so there is no console or doors to block but thank you for replying. It also does not have a remote control just plain visors with vanity mirrors.

I'll measure it for you after the sun comes up.

The '07 and up sport tracs are supposed to be a few inches wider than 1st gen.

Here ya go Mike. The sun came up late today :D:D, actually CRS set in.

If you need explanation let me know.

Headlinermeasurements.gif

Shelf like that will block the interior lights and remote control door and sunglass door.

After taking delivery, your right about the lights, but there isnt a remote or sunglasses holder. I will wonder if there is a way to alter it? I have to give Ford credit there is already alot of storage space. Just wanted extra.

Back