Need help identifying a OEM stereo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying a OEM stereo

PBB

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer EB
I just purchased a 2004 Ford Explorer EB. The photo below is the stereo currently installed. It looks like an OEM Stereo, however, it wasn't the same stereo as was installed in my other 04 Explorer EB. I double checked at crutchfield.com just in case my first one was the wrong one. I am wondering if someone installed another year or generations system.

My ultimate goal is to get a stereo that I can hook up a Bluetooth device to interact with my iPhone 6. Hopefully, this is the one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1211.jpg

That's an OEM headunit alright. Don't know if it is the original one as delivered with the car, but it's a FORD unit.

Well, I finally figured out which vehicle this stereo belongs. It is a unit that goes into a 03-05 Expedition. I looked at replacementradios.com and they had them all listed.

I took the unit out of my Explorer this afternoon. I am glad I did! I found two quarters, a dime and a nickel in the unit. Someone put change into the tape deck.

Even more interesting.......I found a Parrot Universal Radio Mute attached to it. Unfortunately, I have to figure out if I need to by head or switch or if I can direct cable it to smartphone.

Back