need help with pricing my ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help with pricing my ex

atkins7292

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Expedition
I have a 2000 Explorer XLT with the 4.0 SOCH 4X4 I need to sell. 154K. Body is rough, slight hail damage and splattered spray paint on the drivers side from a can my wife ran over on the highway. Interior is ok but there are a few tears on the leather and the headliner is stained on the drivers side and coming off the sunroof panel.

The biggest issue is the timing chain, When I bought it it was out of warranty and I did not learn of the recall/defect until it started to rattle. I could not afford to fix it so I kept driving it. It is rattling pretty bad but still runs fine.

Any idea on how much it is worth. We just replaced it with an Expedition so I need to get rid of the explorer.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see ones like this on CL in my area like this ranging from $800-$1500 or so.

That is reasonable. I was thinking $1000 for it would be great.

i gotta agree with Turdle @ $600. scrap value plus any sell-able parts.

That is what I was thinking. I would love to get $1000 for it but I figured 6-$750 was reasonable considering the condition. It is on CL right now so we will see what happens.

If it's had the rattle this long it's already running on borrowed time. I'd be surprised if anyone bought it sounding like that. You may end up pulling some parts and selling them and scraping the rest.

That is what I was thinking. I would love to get $1000 for it but I figured 6-$750 was reasonable considering the condition. It is on CL right now so we will see what happens.

Provide a link. I would like to see it..

1k sounds fair. Always put it at 500 more than what youre willing to sell it for.

Back