• Register Today It's free!

Need Help??

mknott4

Reaction score
City, State
Maple Grove, Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 X
I just put new speakers in my ride this weekend and after doing so I noticed a problem. My rear speakers seem to be recieving the same sound input as my 15" He2 rockford sub in the back. All the speakers hit are the lows and when I turn the sub off through my HU the rear speakers dont make a sound. I have tried fooling around with all the settings on the HU Which is a pioneer 6400 by the way and nothing changes I am very confused Does anyone know what would make my rear speakers only play bass? My amp is a rockford 500x is that means anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm assuming then that your running the speakers off of your 500x 4-channel

if thats the case it sounds like it is likely you have the rear speakers set as subs inside the head unit. turn the head unit off and then push the "audio" button or whatever that goes into the menu and cycle through the menu and adjust the rear speaker to full range

there are a few other setting things that i would try- but you said you already checked them. try and give as much info as you can about how everything is hooked up.

hey man- i just realized your near by. you should just come over to minneapolis and i'll fix it for you if you dont' get it sorted out soon.

sounds like you have a nice truck

the speakers are just running of of my HU the 500x is bridged and powering the sub that why I am not sure why the back speakers are what seems to be syncronizing with the sub

what happens if you fade front or rear? does it fade to the rear speakers away from the subs? try fading all around to determine if the speakers are actually getting the same signal as the subs or if they are just both getting low bass signals.

well i can not fade to front or back with the front+sub feature on but when I turn the sub off in the audio menu the rear speakers are quiet

also when the speakers are playing only bass is heard no treble from the tweeter at all

they just have to be set as subs in the menu or else the low pass crossover in the hu must be set wrong.

this really is a strange problem to have and it has to be the result of the head unit.

knowing the little bit I do that was my guess of where the problem was to but how would i go about making it right

i'm don't know what you've tried to adjust yet in the hu, but if you completely unplug it so that it loses its memory when you turn it back on it should be set properly. otherwise adjust the crossover, the fie (if it is equipped), and most importantly the rear speaker setting (the one you have to turn the hu off to adjust) to full range. i think that is most likely your problem. the menu should allow you to switch between rear speaker full range, rear speaker sub, rear preout full, and rear preout sub.

how do u go about adjusting the crossover on the HU

off topic, i take radios these days can do more than just have pre amp outs and front rear speakers. d@mn i feel old:( i guess i just havent kept up to date with radios like i used to.

i believe if you use the audio button to cycle through the options you'll find an adjustment. your manual should describe the process.

the manuel isnt to much help, I can switch from front+rear to front +sub and when I have it on the FRt+ sub I can turn the sub off but when I do that the rear speakers dont play and the other thing I can do is adjust the sub settings which changes the frequencies but I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem it only reduces the bass to the sub

I asked around today and was told that it could be that audio king (the place I had install my amp and sub) could have hooked the rear speakers up to the amp directly and that this could be causing the problem the other thing I thought of today was if it could possibbly have something to do with the preouts but I am not sure so if anyone has feedback or suggestions please reply

i guess maybe it is possible that they have the rear speakers hooked up to the amp- but that would be pretty odd.

i still think it is some kind of adjustment inside your hu. is it covered under an audio king warranty?

otherwise honestly i'll fix it if you can make it to minneapolis sometime- i do have my own little installation and sales company and i wouldn't charge a fellow member for something little.

Ya it is covered under a warrenty from audio king so I think I will go to them first so I dont have to bother you but if they cant help me I might have to take up your offer thanks a lot for all the help Ill get back to you

Back