• Register Today It's free!

Need new center console arm-rest!

Dj1026

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer
Hey guys I'm new to this forum I've been looking around all day on mods I can do with my explorer. I'm currently putting a new engine in mine and have decided to keep it for a while. I enlisted in us marines so I want to keep this vehicle here and don't plan on ever getting rid of it so I'd like to restore it and maybe add some cool mods but right now I just wanna fix the wrong on the inside which the only thing would be the center console armrest I have a blue interior so the armrest is blue but the fabric is torn and looks like garbage I've been looking for a new one can't seem to find any. Does anyone know where to get them? I appreciate any help I can get. I would also like to get blue led for overhead lamp and swap out dash lights to blue also anything I can get will be super helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My explorer is a 1998 xlt sorry forgot to mention that.

Best suggestion is a junkyard, ebay, amazong. Or if your semi crafty you can redo it yourself. For me my seat covers came with some head rests but my truck doesnt have those so i simply used one of those fits perfect. a little black electrical tape to blend it and i now have a camo arm rest also.

Okay cool I think in going todo the repair kit I have alot of time to mess with it considering its sitting in the garage thanks you guys. Much appreciated.

I need one as well, no luck in junkyards where they only cost $5-10 but there on ebay for $30-50 :(

I looked on ebay i could not find one in the interior color i have which is the dark blue. i might just check some junk yards.

Lots of Explorers 98-2000 in salvage yards. My center console armrest cost me $20. If you still can't find one, deconstruct torn armrest cover and use as pattern to sew new one with fabric from JoAnns. Olefin fabric is best for wear and cleanability.

Or do it ur self like I did go look at my last post its "new console. .kinda" not hard

Back