need opinions on PROCOMP ES1000 shocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need opinions on PROCOMP ES1000 shocks

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
anyone have an opniion on the procomp es1000 shocks? ive been looking for shocks for the past week to replace the stock pieces i have on my 03 ST. i dont need anything for serious rock crawling, just some decent shocks for freeway driving, but can still handle some light offroading for when im fishing and stuff like that. so far, ive narrowed it down to either these or monroe sensa tracs. any opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not like them. I have a friend that works for 4 wheel parts and was told their es 3000 are just a renamed rancho 5000, made at the same place and have the same part number. So with the rancho you just pay extra for the sticker.Hope this helps.

so procomps are the same as ranchos? got any experiences with monroe sensa tracs? im trying to to get some new shocks and tires on my ST soon so i can be set for the spring/summer seasons. i dont do any crazy rock crawling, but i do go up to the sierras, and i fish a lot so i need some shocks thats are good for freeway driving but can handle some light to moderate offroading.

forgot to mention I have the es3000s on my trac now and like them. Firmed up the ride compared to the stock one that were on there. I also have 32x12.50 BFG A/Ts so the tires have a stiff sidewall and that also makes the ride more 'truck like'. I even do some light towing with it and have no problems with the shocks.

I think the general consensus is that the ES series (1k,3k, etc..) shocks are a little stiff for mid-size/weight SUVs - and the 1k series is typically the stiffest of them all.

Back