Need some opinions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some opinions.

ridge_ryder

Reaction score
City, State
south central mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
I currently have a 91 explorer that i built with a dana 44 and a 9inch out of an early bronco (converted to leafs in the front) 4.56s, lockers, 36 inch tsl's and so on. I have access to a set of narrowed 2.5tons that are the same width as my current set-up. I am seriously considering swappin them in. Has anyone else on here tried this set-up before and what is some of yalls opinions on doin it?

Right on, i found it. That guy went entirely to big for me tho. My muddin days are over...just trails now. Im prolly gonna rework my crossmember and tuck my rocks up as close as my headroom will allow an just run a 38 or 40 at the most. I kno that sounds small for 6.72s but ive got an ace in the hole for that. We also have a fullsize blazer built right now with a 6 liter, 4L80 and a 205 on rocks runnin 38s and its perfect. I was just kinda hopin someone had already went this route with runnin a stock ex powertrain and had some good things to say bout doin it. My 36s and 4.56s put me in a good spot, i hate to go an screw it up.

Back